PDA

View Full Version : Any Trike guys in South East Wisconsin???

81Rmachine
08-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Hey guys Ive been a member for quite awhile now, and I just recently move again and looking to get together with some fellow trike gurus. Im originally from South Dakota just south of Sioux Falls, I went to tech school in Bemidji, MN and am now working in Pewaukee, WI at a race shop. I love the job, but other than work Im looking for something to do on weekends so I thought Id give some of you 3WW guys a buzz. If your within an hour or so of the area let me know Im looking to bring a wheeler or a bike out if I can find some one to ride with. Ill be turnin 21 here in September so even if it isnt riding id love to throw back a few:naughty: and talk 3 wheeler BS or whatever, but anyway let me know if your in the area, Thanks and happy riding!

WisconsinJohn
08-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the area. I am 25 min southwest of Brookfield. I don't ride much around here, I usually head up north west bout 2 hours. I am married with kids so I don't get out much, but still manage to sneak away sometimes.

fabiodriven
08-18-2012, 09:21 PM
If I might make a suggestion, there is a local riding section in this forum. We've managed to build up quite the little crew up here in New England because of this site.

wisconsinite
08-18-2012, 10:15 PM
^^the local riding area section seems to be gone, but there was never a wisconsin section anyway.

lots of guys on here in wisconsin, but i don't know if many are in your area. i'm just north of green bay myself

81Rmachine
08-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks, I've heard theres some riding up by fond du lac everyone calls it fondy, has anyone ever been?

wisconsinite
08-19-2012, 07:15 PM
never rode there myself. i usually ride in the oconto-marinette counties area. lots of trails up here, but prolly a bit of a haul for you.

fabiodriven
08-19-2012, 08:05 PM
^^the local riding area section seems to be gone, but there was never a wisconsin section anyway.

lots of guys on here in wisconsin, but i don't know if many are in your area. i'm just north of green bay myself

This is the local riding section- http://www.3wheelerworld.com/forumdisplay.php/64-Rides-Events-Locations.

It is alive and well. If there isn't already a thread in that part of the forum for you guys, you can start one there just as you have here! :)

wisconsinite
08-20-2012, 05:11 PM
gotcha fabio, there used to be a section broken up by states, that one seems to be gone, thought that was what you meant.

81Rmachine
08-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Hey thanks for the replies Im always up for a haul if its a good ride but at the moment I still dont have my truck out here which of course here they have emission tests which kinda makes me miss south dakota a bit haha but its a 76 and obviously has no convertors so id have to redo my exhaust if i brought it out.

fabiodriven
08-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Hey thanks for the replies Im always up for a haul if its a good ride but at the moment I still dont have my truck out here which of course here they have emission tests which kinda makes me miss south dakota a bit haha but its a 76 and obviously has no convertors so id have to redo my exhaust if i brought it out.

I seriously doubt they'll be checking emissions on your antique truck that never had any emissions equipment on it from the factory.

81Rmachine
08-21-2012, 09:39 PM
I'd sure hope not but it wouldn't surprise me. I know in SD if it never came with cats your not required to have em and my pickup doesnt have any emission systems no egr or evap system either which is the way id rather have it but i guess they check it every 2 years and its required to register your vehicle and of course costs $75. Its a bunch of BS it really is EGR systems do more harm than good and it simply looks good on paper to keep the epa happy but when theres layers of carbon caking the intake ports and valve and its costing you MPG it doesnt do a whole lot to reduce emissions if your burning more fuel, but anyway thats another topic haha didnt mean to get off track.

fabiodriven
08-21-2012, 10:01 PM
but i guess they check it every 2 years and its required to register your vehicle and of course costs $75.

My god man, $75?

Be thankful. I just registered my 1982 XL500R today and motorcycles are cheap to register. I paid $75 for a title, $35 for a registration, 150 on sales tax, and that's not even counting the price of insurance (which is required).

The state inspections are once a year here and it's $15 for a bike, $29 for a car, and commercial trucks can cost over $150.

WIkid500
08-22-2012, 01:08 PM
As far as I know they only check ODBII vehicles now. You should be good to go with the old truck. I'm in Plymouth, just north of you by about an hr. I usually ride the north west part of the state where our cabin is, trails are real nice up there. If you ever want to join your more than welcome to ride with us.

81Rmachine
08-22-2012, 11:28 PM
yep I looked into it pre-96 vehicles are exempt so my 93 regal daily driver is exempt as well good deal! WIkid500, Thanks for the offer Ill keep in touch Im lookin to get my pickup out here as soon as I can and then Id love to do some ridin!