PDA

View Full Version : 86' 125m Carb woes.. and value?

c_e_carter
08-22-2012, 12:07 AM
I rebuilt this carb and it was running like new. It just started reving high idle and then dies out. I am about to the point of just getting a new carb. I had doe this on my 200m and never looked back. Also, what is the value of this trike? I noticed they are rare, and may be in the market to sell the bike once I get the idle issues resolved. All original except for the seat that I just had redone. Doesn't smoke, no cracks in plastic normal fading, and rear rack.

kb0nly
08-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Get a new carb and be done with it. Your going to spend around $20 for a rebuild kit to repair a worn carb, but for about $30 you can get a new carb for that on eBay and be done with it. I have one of those cheap eBay carbs on my 200ES and it runs fantastic. I have the stock carb as well that i rebuilt and while it runs with it i have problems with it due to a worn slide that likes to make it run lean and the slide sometimes gets hung up. For safety sake i just replaced it. Now i have a 85 125M thats doing the same thing as your 86, very erratic idle, so i will probably just replace that one as well.

c_e_carter
08-22-2012, 03:06 PM
What do you think it is worth, being an 86 and all. I know it is kinda rare. Then again it is only worth what someone is willing to pay too.

c_e_carter
08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Finally got the carb fixed. Turned out the needle seat was bad. So i replaced the needle valve and seat. She purrs like a kitten now. On to other projects, i'm sure I wont run out.

kb0nly
08-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Value on these is so hard to gauge... I see these sell for $300-$500 around here but others on the forums say its more like $600-$800 where they live. So its more regional than anything when it comes to the value.