PDA

View Full Version : 200ES help needed

nathan lovern
08-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi,
I have few problems i was hopeing someome might be able to help me with. First my front axel bolt is froze,stuck. Ive beat it alot and it wont budge. Ive heated the spacer with propane tourch it wont turn at all the spacer it stuck on bolt to. I tgried to turn the other end to with vise grips no luck,ive heated the end of fork where the bolt goes through no luck still :-( Brake shoes are bad and need to replace them. If i cant ill just have to live with back brakes i guess.
The other problem is the shift shaft has been welded on and i need to pull it out to clean it up to get a net shifter on it. is it easy to get to from the other side to realese it and pull it out?
Hope someone can help.
Nathan Lovern,Va

Howdy
08-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the site! We hope you enjoy it.

The axles can be a real pain sometimes. I have had that problem before and just kept trying heat and oil for quite a while and finally got it.

The shift shaft can only come out 1 way. If the shifter is working as it is then don't do anything with it. If you must remove it then carefully grind the weld off until you can get the shifter off. If that isn't possible you will need to cut the shifter shaft and replace it with a good one.
Howdy

kb0nly
08-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Penetrating oil and letting it soak for a few days while continuing to spray it once a day. I have done that before! I got really lucky on mine when i pulled it apart to replace the shock boots, slid right out! I was surprised, but happily surprised...

As for the shifter... I second what Howdy said, i hate when people do that.

jasonrobert67
08-28-2012, 08:46 PM
get PB Blaster one it like kb0nly said keep soaking to for atleast 2-3 days penetrating oil dont work on contact it needs to work for a few days.

hinanners
08-28-2012, 10:53 PM
I have used stuff called rust buster. We use it for air conditioner bolts that haven't been touched in 10-20 years by nothing but the weather. It works great. Maybe that stuff will work?

kb0nly
08-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Any good penetrating oil will work, i prefer PB Blaster but whatever your brand or choice squirt and soak, squirt and soak, i know it sucks to wait but sometimes its a whole lot easier just waiting!

If that doesn't work, the spacer is available and can also be made with a piece of heavy wall tubing if you need to make one, just get a cut off wheel or a dremel with a cutting wheel and slice it down one side carefully without going into the axle as much as possible.

Last resort? Get a new axle off ebay and cut the head off the other end of the axle and then you will have enough play in the forks to wiggle it out, been there.

aaronmach1
11-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the site! We hope you enjoy it.
The shift shaft can only come out 1 way. If the shifter is working as it is then don't do anything with it. If you must remove it then carefully grind the weld off until you can get the shifter off. If that isn't possible you will need to cut the shifter shaft and replace it with a good one.
Howdy
how does thr right side cover come off to get the shaft out? drain engine oil then just pull all the bolts and pop it off? Or do i have to do somthing with the clutch adjuster first? thanks

Howdy
11-29-2012, 04:58 PM
how does thr right side cover come off to get the shaft out? drain engine oil then just pull all the bolts and pop it off? Or do i have to do somthing with the clutch adjuster first? thanks

To remove the shifter shaft you will need to remove the right side ( Clutch ) cover. You will probably have to remove the clutches as well. Different machines may need a few more little things removed, but nothing too bad.
Then if the shaft is clean and straight it should pull right out. Install in reverse order. ;)

And always have a manual handy for quick reference.
Howdy
Howdy

aaronmach1
11-29-2012, 07:48 PM
To remove the shifter shaft you will need to remove the right side ( Clutch ) cover. You will probably have to remove the clutches as well. Different machines may need a few more little things removed, but nothing too bad.
Then if the shaft is clean and straight it should pull right out. Install in reverse order. ;)

And always have a manual handy for quick reference.
Howdy
Howdy
thanks! i have two different manuals for it so i have that covered. i started into it tonight but out of the 8 screws holding the cover on i can only get 3 to come out dang it! Looks like ill have to wait till tomorrow night till i can grab my dads Hammer screw out thing. Right now im pushing on the screwdriver hard as i can and its still buggering the head bad and they arent moving.guess thats what happens when its never been takin apart before.