PDA

View Full Version : FML tecate I'm having more issues than playboy!!!

hinanners
08-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Ok tecate fans, noticed today, that between the jug and button end when kicking fuel is spitting out, looking like I need a new seal. Please tell me I'm right. Now the biggie,,, I went to kick it over and it feels like it locked up. I didn't try to pull start it, I run 32:1 mixture, it had quite a long break before I went back on it. Could this be the flywheel/stator issue that these machines have? The guy a picked it up from said he just replaced it, but hey, to get rid of it he could have told me that the exhaust comes out in pure gold. Tecate freaks, please advise!!!

TecateDan
08-25-2012, 11:02 PM
pull the flywheel and take a peek.

hinanners
08-25-2012, 11:33 PM
What do I look for? I'm kinda hoping so I have an excuse to switch the the Ricky stator set up. It's been YEARS since i threw a wrench to a three wheeler. This could make me lose the rest of my hair!!!

TecateDan
08-25-2012, 11:57 PM
nbd. pull the fly and see if the magnets fell off.

jeswinehart
08-26-2012, 12:10 AM
153261Yeah, they would look something like if magnets came dislodged.
You will know even before you get fly wheel off because it will be a B!*@# to get it off once this happens.
I may be of some assistance if that has happened,,,, maybe.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/120914-Tecate-flywheel-upgrade

Currenty re-doing 6 flywheels for a board member right now,,,

kawasaki666
08-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Whats the price of an Epoxied one?

roostin atc
08-26-2012, 02:22 AM
9 times out of ten it something simple. At least for a atc. Ha justroostin.

roostin atc
08-26-2012, 02:25 AM
antifreeze maybe head basket?

hinanners
08-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Not antifreeze, this is fuel, I was thinking the same thing at first, but it was gas. Right at the bottom of the cylinder is where it cones out. She still runs like a top on acid and smokes the banshies. I guess my riding season is over for now. I really forgot how fast the tecate really was. Respect and dear are two words I use to describe while riding her

hinanners
08-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Also, the kick start feeling locked up be a symptom of the magnets falling off?

kokmatt
08-26-2012, 09:18 AM
that has a epoxied flywheel. there is a homemade flywheel puller in that box of parts i gave you. and stator was rebuilt by ricky stators. im guessing the cylinder filled up with fuel somehow try pulling plugs then kick it over? I'd never had that problem on that bike but my bro use to have a old kx that if we didnt shut the fuel off the cylinder would always fill up. would pull plug tip it over and turn over cylinder to get it out.

Furno
08-26-2012, 10:12 AM
If the cylinder filled with fuel and you turned it over, you may have a bent conrod locking it up. pretty rare, but ive had it happen.

hinanners
08-26-2012, 07:59 PM
First and foremost thank you all for the tips. I bought this off Matt and took his advise. I didn't seem to get any fuel out of the plug hole, but it relieved the pressure and started like nothing was ever wrong. Thank you all for taking time and helping me with the ideas. I hope to be able to help someone in the future.