PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at this trike!

IronBear
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
http://nh.craigslist.org/bar/3232944048.html

Big Mike
08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Kind of cool, doesnt look bad. I myself would prefer full fenders over race cuts.

fabiodriven
08-27-2012, 03:16 PM
88 CR frame that nobody corrected the rake on when converted.

Jason125m
08-27-2012, 06:43 PM
I like the grab bar.

Furno
08-27-2012, 08:39 PM
88 CR frame that nobody corrected the rake on when converted.

Gives it an aggressive looking stance, Hate to see that pipe get crushed, but i guess it wont see that kind of use.

It'll hold a straight line good though so put some paddles on it and take it across the desert. or a pond.

fabiodriven
08-27-2012, 09:17 PM
You say aggressive, I say incorrect.

Right rake and stance= a bike that not only goes good straight, it can also turn. Not only that, but the bottom of the frame and pipe are not going to contact the ground if you bottom the suspension. I bet you can sit that frame right on the ground before the suspension bottoms.

Wrong rake and "aggressive" stance= a bike that does nothing better than a properly set up bike and looks bent doing it. The "aggressive" stance is a matter of opinion, and I don't agree with it. Basically, a poorly done conversion.

IronBear
08-28-2012, 11:04 AM
I agree with fabiodriven. If they went through all that trouble to make a trike, then it should be done right, but to each their own.

Furno
08-29-2012, 12:18 PM
I said it makes it look aggressive, never said it would ride correctly or that I would do it to an offroad vehicle. I've raked out a few harleys and an old GS, generally ruins the turning radius. It's hard enough to make a decent turn with a solid rear axle, nevermind with incorrect rake.

Edit: What is the stock rake and trail on one of those?

You say aggressive, I say incorrect.

Right rake and stance= a bike that not only goes good straight, it can also turn. Not only that, but the bottom of the frame and pipe are not going to contact the ground if you bottom the suspension. I bet you can sit that frame right on the ground before the suspension bottoms.

Wrong rake and "aggressive" stance= a bike that does nothing better than a properly set up bike and looks bent doing it. The "aggressive" stance is a matter of opinion, and I don't agree with it. Basically, a poorly done conversion.