PDA

View Full Version : Okay for me to be mad?

Matrix
08-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Today my cousin and I went riding at a place near me called Indian Hills. This is not a place like where all of us would meet up but a place where the locals like myself go ride. I am not exactly sure who owns it but that is not the issue.

Riding was a blast and we found some sweet deep mud holes. Not like fabio's avatar but deep none the less. He and I got to the very back of the main trail where the deepest mud is and I noticed my 250r not running the best. I shut it off and checked the gas and noticed it was low but not enough to worry me so I assumed the plug must be fouling. I told him and he said "Okay, follow me...". I am not 100% sure what he said because of my helmet but I think that's what he said. He started up and took off back down the trail to where I assumed was all the way back to the main riding area. I tried to start my 250r but that's when I knew it was fouled.
As I looked at the head puzzled on how to remove and replace the plug with 20lbs of mud on it, I knew it wasn't going to be easy. None the less, after about 5-10 minutes I got the plug replaced. I heard him riding for a while somewhere far away from me and was slightly upset that he left and didn't bother to come back when I wasn't at the main riding area with him or near him. He came back right as I was placing my stuff back in my book bag. As soon as he rounded the mud hole I noticed something wasn't right with my 200x he was riding. As he came nearer I could see the right side of the rear plastic finally busted off. I walked to him and kicked it the rest of the way off and broke it in half and stuffed it in my bag. I questioned him if he knew it was off but he didn't even notice. He did say that he was getting a hell of a lot more muddy but didn't think about it.
I asked him if he ever noticed that I wasn't behind him following him. He said "Yea after about 5 seconds I knew you weren't behind me...". Confused, I just looked at him and chuckled. I told him make sure I am around him when he takes off and I would do the same. I think he said okay but I kinda drowned out what he said as I was getting back on my bike. He once again took off through the big mud hole and I lined up with it to take my turn. I thought he was going to turn around again to watch me go through as most people who ride do when someone lines up to attack the mud beast.
He of course just kept riding. I jumped right right into the hole in second gear flinging mud everywhere! :naughty: I made it through (of course) and slowly went through the trails back to the main riding area. I stopped at a partition right before the main area to see if he went a different way but I couldn't hear his bike. I then made it to the main area and yelled out for him with no response. I yelled again and listened for his loud 200x but heard nothing. I climbed the main hill and looked around. I couldn't see him so I yelled once more with no response and decided to go to the second hill. As I got to the top of the second hill I listened but couldn't hear a thing. Fearing the worst I went to the side off the hill that just goes almost straight down about 50 feet or so and yelled again. I couldn't see or hear anything and went down to the main trail and headed down the main trail back to where I was originally thinking that he might have gone off the side of the trail and wrecked. I went about second gear looking and didn't see anything. I finally reached all the way back to the giant mud hole and yelled again... with no response. I went all the way back to the main hill and yelled, then drove all the way back to the mud hole again.
Finally he showed up coming down the trail. I was rather mad and asked him where he was and he just said "waiting on you...". Now I am even more angry. He told me to follow him and I replied "where are we going"? He took off on the little 200 and I followed slowly behind him thinking about where we could be going. I noticed as he went past the main hill that he might have been leaving so I started ripping on the 250r and caught right up with him. It would seem like he was giving my 200x some gas as he was going fast but it was not an issue for me to stay right behind him.
As we got back to the road I pulled my front wheel right in front of his back tire so he couldn't leave and more sternly asked where we were going and he said back to his grandpas because I was out of gas. After discussing everything I told him to stay around me when we ride and I was just going to go back to my house. As I pulled onto the main road I gave it to much gas and wheelie'd. I didn't mean to but eh.. I proceeded to haul ass and noticed he was following me. I didn't think much of it and when the car in front of me turned I just held at WOT for about a mile and noticed he wasn't behind me anymore. I slowed down but I bet I was still going faster. So another quarter mile went by and I pulled off to wait for him. This was when I realized I was contradicting myself by going much faster than he could and leaving him. After we got back to my house I apologized for leaving him on the road and doing exactly what I told him not to do.

Now after he has left and I destroyed my shower with all the mud. I am still a little upset about him just leaving and not thinking about where I may be. When I told him about me yelling for him he said he was in the same place as myself riding around, but I couldn't even hear my 200x and it is LOUD with the DG on it. So, after me slightly worrying about what may have happened to him as I went around looking and yelling for him all he could say was "I was riding around at the main hill over those bumps" ... Should I be upset about this? After all it was only us two there in a large riding area and I told him to stay somewhere near me.

3wheelerfan1991
08-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Yea! i would be. Anything could go wrong where you need each others help. That's why i never ride alone.

Popeye
08-31-2012, 12:22 AM
I think I would have been pissed that he left me, but not mad enough to write that long of a post and ask people's opinion of the situation. I truly apologize if I sound like a jerk. I'm sure you were just venting. But when I got done reading, I was just like "Really?" lol. I don't blame you for being mad though. My buddy is a better rider than me and he often leaves me on smaller bikes lol. What I would have been pissed about was that broken fender. Between him leaving you and breaking your fender, I would leave him at home next time lol.

El Camexican
08-31-2012, 01:16 AM
You seem to have a communication problem with your buddy, set your rules out before you start your rides and things should be much better. If not, get a new friend. I got left on the side of the highway at night once by a “friend” with a hard-on that was more important to deal with than my broken bike. He'd asked me to accompany him out to the beach to see his girlfriend so he “wouldn’t have to ride alone” and then left me for dead when my bike calved at 9:00pm two miles away from anything by mosquito infested ditches. I got home at 3:00am. Long story, but two years later I got the opportunity to knock him out cold and I took it. After that fiasco I started picking my riding buddies with the same due diligence my Dad taught me to pick my hunting partners with. Today when I ride, it’s with rules, safety gear and guys I know. If a newbie comes along its with everyone’s pre-arraigned consent and whoever brought him is responsible for his actions. Riding with idiots is never fun in the long run. As far as letting someone use your ride, you need to discuss any repair issues up front. I’ve literally done thousands of dollars of damage to bikes that I was invited to ride and had to swallow similar costs when I lent mine out (freaking brother-in-law) and am still good friends with the owners because we discussed the possibility’s, consequences and the “who will pay for what” issues before the unfortunate incidents occurred. If you’re going to get upset over busted plastic on something you didn’t tell the guy he was responsible for repairing, you’d best not lend it out again.

Matrix
08-31-2012, 10:46 AM
I think I would have been pissed that he left me, but not mad enough to write that long of a post and ask people's opinion of the situation. I truly apologize if I sound like a jerk. I'm sure you were just venting. But when I got done reading, I was just like "Really?" lol. I don't blame you for being mad though. My buddy is a better rider than me and he often leaves me on smaller bikes lol. What I would have been pissed about was that broken fender. Between him leaving you and breaking your fender, I would leave him at home next time lol.

Yea I was venting a little but my fender was mostly broken from me riding around and jumping it, he just finished it. I was going to wait til it broke completely to get a new maier but now I am thinking of making my own look for it.

If I was in you're position El, I would have done the same thing. A couple days ago when I was riding home from this spot, I think a couple punks in a crappy neon jerked the wheel towards me. :mad: I was looking at the field next to me but out of the corner of my eye I think that's what I saw. If they do it again, they wont get to far. My 250r will have no issue keeping up with them around here.

It's nice to know that I wasn't just blowing things up out of proportion and most of you or all would think how I do. Good to know if any of us go riding, we'll be looking out for one another.

El Camexican
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
"Let me know if my avatar is good as I will be changing it alot now. It will most likely be a Chris Farley or Pee Wee one though."

I think I speak for most of us here when I say that your current avatar is unacceptable and that it should be replaced with a bikini clad woman with whom you are well acquainted.

PS. Don't try to battle a moving car with your trike, you'll lose. It's just not worth it (do as I say, not as I've done;) )

Matrix
08-31-2012, 11:07 AM
[I] PS. Don't try to battle a moving car with your trike, you'll lose. It's just not worth it (do as I say, not as I've done;) )

I do have a nice large 95 bronco with a 5.8 I could use. I could knock there fart can right off with that thing. :lol:

fabiodriven
08-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Is your buddy's name TecateDan?

El Camexican
08-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Is your buddy's name TecateDan?

While we wait for an answer to that question I’d like to show off what our “TECATE” friends look like here in Mexico. They can be found standing next to coolers of ice cold beer on any given weekend and are happy to bend down and fetch you some chilled cans with a smile and a wink. I should add that if this one in particular were to rip every piece of plastic off my trike I don’t think I could stay mad at her for long.

2fiftyR
09-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Yes,your riding partner sounds like a jerk from what you described. I must say that I don't really approve of people riding on land without permission. As a property owner I get really pissed when I see what a huge mess quads have made of my trails. Nice trails now have huge ruts that I can barely ride over, small mud holes are now bottomless pits that will swallow up an unsuspecting rider. Not to mention the beer cans and bottles and other garbage that gets left behind. I'm not trying to be a jerk to you,but you might find yourself looking down the wrong end of a gun barrel being held by a pissed off land owner. You should at least make an attempt at finding out who owns the land and ask permission. Most people including myself will allow people to ride if they ask and respect the land. Just because its there doesn't mean you are entitled to ride there. I mean you no disrespect matrix, just my rant on riding

Matrix
09-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Yes,your riding partner sounds like a jerk from what you described. I must say that I don't really approve of people riding on land without permission. As a property owner I get really pissed when I see what a huge mess quads have made of my trails. Nice trails now have huge ruts that I can barely ride over, small mud holes are now bottomless pits that will swallow up an unsuspecting rider. Not to mention the beer cans and bottles and other garbage that gets left behind. I'm not trying to be a jerk to you,but you might find yourself looking down the wrong end of a gun barrel being held by a pissed off land owner. You should at least make an attempt at finding out who owns the land and ask permission. Most people including myself will allow people to ride if they ask and respect the land. Just because its there doesn't mean you are entitled to ride there. I mean you no disrespect matrix, just my rant on riding

I completely understand. When we were there riding, we went on a trail that I have never been down before and it took us to a road that I don't know what is. When we turned around near the road to head back I seen a sign that was faded but said: "Caution: Enter at Own Risk. Property owners: Rofers" I could hardly see what the owners name was but I think it said Rofers. However, I'll Heed you're advice. Next time I go there (I don't go often) I'll ask the neighbors there about it.

This is the location. Just on the bend where McClintocksburg Road meets Ravenna Road. All in that area. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=10339+County+Highway+120,+Newton+Falls,+OH&hl=en&ll=41.178751,-81.004086&spn=0.018024,0.042272&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.775203,86.572266&oq=1&hnear=10339+County+Highway+120,+Newton+Falls,+Ohio +44444&t=m&z=15

If you look in Satellite view you can see all the trails. I get a very weird feeling as I look at the trails, my house and the donuts my friend and I did in my other friends back yard.

jb2wheels
09-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Is it OK for me to be mad because the story was sooooooooooooooooooo looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg?

Yes because I don't need anybody's permission/approval to be mad.

2fiftyR
09-05-2012, 05:14 PM
I am just curious as to how it got the name indian hills... I am a history buff and often go hunting for early native american artifacts. Pretty cool in my opinion to go and find something made by a paleo indian not touched by human hands for thousands of years. We should meet up someday. I'm. Just on the other side of the ravenna arsenal from you. Like I said before,I'm not trying to be a jerk about riding,just myself and a lot of neighbors are pretty tiredof packs of quads comming through the area and trashing everything in sight. We now do carry guns when we ride. Never know who you will run into anymore,most people we catch trespassing get really shitty with us when asked politely to please leave and don't come back.

Matrix
09-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I would like to know how it got it's name "Indian Hills" also but never put much thought into it. My best guess is that someone called it Indian because we are in Portage County and Hills because of the amount of hills in it. I don't take any offense to you explaining you're point on riding on someone else's land without permission. I should have checked around instead of thinking that whoever owned it just didn't mind people riding on it. The most fun place to ride here is Indian Hills or behind the place I used to work in Newton Falls. The only thing that sucks about the area in Newton Falls is during late spring through mid fall the shrubs are out of control! I just went there about 2-3 weeks ago and it absolutely sucked. I ran into so many prickers and downed logs and what not that I just couldn't take it so I left after about 10 minutes...

Hopefully soon TimSr or I will have picked a place for a group ride with the gang from OTC. Those are about the coolest guys to hang out with. It's all about fun with them and having a good time. On July 4th I actually arrived to the race about 30 minutes before the race started (I slept in :( ) and TimSr gave me a spare number and two zip ties to tie it to my 200x. I was done with such little time that TimSr and I actually told the guy who dropped the gate that I had changed my number and would be running. The guy asked if it was okay and TimSr happily replied "We don't mind its just about fun...".

I hope TimSr finds a place before I do because I haven't been able to look to hard yet :rolleyes: Not that I don't care but because I am so packed with stuff to do here. My house is a mess after my cousin left and my mower might have blown a ring or something so I can't mow. This weekend I am going to go look around near Indian Hills and ask people if they know who owns it. If no one knows my best guess is West Branch State Park owns it. As for that, those two spots are about the only place to go ride here. I remember about a year ago or so you offered me to go riding with you where you live. If that offer still stands that would be fun. If not, Hopefully we can meet up for a group ride with the OTC.

Matrix
09-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Is it OK for me to be mad because the story was sooooooooooooooooooo looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg?

Yes because I don't need anybody's permission/approval to be mad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGGfnLBTLdY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxfSCMZPrTw

Hoosier Daddy