PDA

View Full Version : throttle problem, 1984 honda atc200s

skyler.erp
08-30-2012, 11:28 PM
I have a 1984 honda atc200s, and im not very good with motors or anything but i would to be. Today while i was ridin i was forced to roll start my trike and shortly after my thumb throttle stopped workin. Im not sure what to look for where to look etc, if anyone could help me that would be great.

skyler.erp
08-31-2012, 12:58 AM
Ok so i pulled off the throttle houseing on the handle bars, everything connected. Pulled the gas tank off and throttle needle is good. Put choke all the way to start and it started and the thrttle worked good but didnt idle long, tried again and this time once started move choke to the bottom and it died as soon as i did that and the throttle didnt work there. Sorry for the question i deal with explosives and not engines lol. any input will be great. thanks in advance.

archman
08-31-2012, 08:14 AM
it kinda sound like your jets may be stopped up. may have got trash in the tank and it went into your carb.

skyler.erp
08-31-2012, 01:36 PM
hwo and where are the jets located? and how would i clean them? Started it this morini and it seems to be runnin somewhat right, throttle works with the choke all the way to the bottom, now it wont idle right.

jasonrobert67
09-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Pull carb off, then unscrew botttom three bolts holding the bowl on youll see the brass colored jets unscrew them and clean them and pull out the pin holding the float in and clean the float valve, its actually pretty self explaintory just pay attention to what you do and clean and reverse the order to put it all back together use a little carb cleaner and compressed air. I like to use carb cleaner the wd-40 right away so the carb cleaner dont dry out any seals, then compressed air.

skyler.erp
09-01-2012, 12:14 PM
ok so i wouldnt have to pull the mototfrom the frame? how many jets are there? and is there any bolts or screws that cant be put back on to tight or anything like that? Sorry for all the simple questions but thanks a ton for the help!!!!

Furno
09-01-2012, 12:58 PM
ok so i wouldnt have to pull the mototfrom the frame? how many jets are there? and is there any bolts or screws that cant be put back on to tight or anything like that? Sorry for all the simple questions but thanks a ton for the help!!!!

Get somebody who has experience and have them look over your shoulder while you are doing this.

skyler.erp
09-01-2012, 01:51 PM
no one i know has any exprince with trikes. Is there any where i could pick up a manual? i looked on some of the other threads but the link was broken.

JustEnough
09-02-2012, 02:33 PM
http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

skyler.erp
09-03-2012, 01:00 AM
thanx justenough, downloading now to see if it will open for me cuz it said find or save when i clicked the link ill let ya know how this goes.