PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Cable Help

redarky
09-01-2012, 10:49 AM
I have searched around here and didn't see any older threads about throttle cables as it pertains to my problem. I have an after market Carb on my BR and my old throttle cable housing was broken so I bought a new one. The carb was installed by the previous owner, I don;t know much about it. I bought a new cable, the correct one for my trike, but it is too long. Are there any ways I can shorten the new one? I had to remve the new one from the package so I probably won't be able to return it and I would rather not go buy a new one. Any Ideas?

Thanks!

something2do
09-01-2012, 03:52 PM
I don't know what you mean buy to long?
If you mean the cable coming out the end of the case you could cut it to the right length silver solder the end and then grind and file the solder to fit. Kind of farmerish but it worked on my choke cable just practice cutting it or you could mess up the cable.

kb0nly
09-02-2012, 12:23 PM
They make ferrules you can put on the cable and solder on if you need to shorten the inner cable length. If you mean the outer cable length is wrong just loop it a bit.

dustrunner
09-02-2012, 06:41 PM
how does it run with that carb ? are you sure its correct for a br ?

redarky
09-03-2012, 12:56 PM
:w00t:It actually runs like a top with the carb. I was referring to the inner cable length. I went back to the guy that I got the wheeler from and he gave me the old carb. This new one puts the throttle a little closer, so, the cable is a bit long. I looked and bought some new cable ends like suggested, cut the cable, and soldered them back on. Everything worked out well. Thanks for the help ya'll.http://www.3wheelerworld.com/images/smilies/woot.gif

something2do
09-03-2012, 11:05 PM
"They make ferrules you can put on the cable"

You learn something new everyday!
Now I feel like a genass or maybe a dumbius ,but I did learn something! lol
Glad you got it fixed.