PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see Jason Aldean/Luke Bryan at the NYS Fair last night??

RIDE-RED 250r
09-01-2012, 08:51 PM
I was there with my wife and 4 other family members. It was my first "country" concert in all my 34 years. Gotta say I would call it more rock and roll now as I would call true country going to see Johnny Cash, Merle, Hank, etc...

I have been to see Metallica and a few other hard rock/metal bands over the years. This was the first concert I have been to since 2000.

It was a cool show, Luke Bryan and his band did part of "Enter Sandman" and I gotta say they did it pretty darn good!

It was fun. I have gotten to be the kind of person who likes to avoid crowds over the last several years. I went for my wife's sake and actually had a nice time.

Any of you guys there last night?? Just curious.

atc300r
09-02-2012, 08:04 AM
I havent been to NY state fair since 08.I went to the Journey,Hart and Cheap Trick concert.I also hate crowds.

Popeye
09-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I never been near that far north, but all I listen to is country music and I have to say it is crap now. Not that Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan ain't good, but they damn sure ain't country. Hank and Johnny and them used to sing about their lives and these fools just sing about what they think country is. I remember watching Justin Moore in an interview on GAC or CMT and the lady was like "You sound so different when you are just talking-you don't have an accent." And he was like, "Yea, I guess it just comes out in my music." I'm thinking no, you just fake it to sell records you idiot lol. Really, I don't hate on any of them. They make a hell of a lot more money than I ever will, but either way you look at it they ain't country.

I'm like ya'll though, I can't deal with crowds. I'm a huge Saints fan and I have no desire to ever go to a game even though I only live two hours away. Why, when I can just sit in the comfort of my own home, have the best seat in the house, drink $1 beers instead of $8 beers, eat good, and pass out or go do something else when the game gets out of hand. Having to deal with the crowd would just ruin my Sunday lol.

bkm
09-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Ride Red, what you witnessed was a new age rock band labeled as a "Country" act for the sake of selling records. Country music is dead and Garth Brooks killed it. What is sad is that I can't even hear Garth on the radio anymore. He's even considered too "Old School" for mainstream country music and he caused all of this.lol

ATCcountryboy
09-05-2012, 10:07 PM
100% Agree with y'all, country isn't the way it used to be. It's more like pop and rock. I went to see Justin Moore and Blake Shelton at a concert a few months ago, they were good but not as good as the old guys.