PDA

View Full Version : 200x Help

Z_Silas
09-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey guys. I got a 85 200x recently and I have problems starting it. It sometimes starts within a few kicks and sometimes takes forty or more. Am I doing something wrong? What do i do with the choke? Also about every ten tries the kicker will fly back up with serious force. My foot is swollen and my leg hurts for days..... what's going on with this thing?????

archman
09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
it could have wrong jettind or timing marks off. both of the ones I have you just barely touch the gas with no choke.

yaegerb
09-04-2012, 08:36 PM
timing marks aren't off or it wouldn't fire at all. I would take the carb apart and clean all the jets and blow them out with compressed air. Is the tank metal? If so, I would also clean out the tank and install an in-line fuel filter. I bet your tank is floating bits of crap into your carb.

Best way I found in my years of starting 200x's is no choke and kick once with the throttle wide open. Then kick again with no throttle and it should fire right up.

archman
09-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm going to try that on mine. I had the f mark off on one of mine one time in process of kicking a few times it kicked back pretty hard one time. ithought it made it fire too soon.