PDA

View Full Version : Modified Power Wheels

Popeye
09-04-2012, 11:01 PM
So last night I got the idea to make my 3-year old's Jeep Power Wheel go faster. Not very original, but sounded like a fun idea. So I Googled it (like I do everything else) and who would have known that there is a whole site and cult following of Modified Power Wheels lol. Anyways, I found out that you could add an extra battery and up his 12 volts to 18. Just so happened I had an extra 6 volt from one of his baby Power Wheels laying around. So as soon as I got off work this afternoon I got on it. It was real easy to do (I'll explain it if anyone is interested) and within 30 minutes he was riding. And let me tell you, it was moving. Man, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I've got a vid on my wife's facebook page, but don't know how to put it on here. It goes about 50% faster I would guess and slides all over the place. He was doing donuts in the middle of the road and loving every minute. I'm sure plenty of ya'll have beat me to it, but I'll add details if somebody wants to know what I did. Traction kinda sucks, but once it gets going it's alright. I read that if I add traction to the tires it will ruin the gearbox, so I just let it go. Anyways, if your kid is bored with their ride I recommend doing it.

kawasaki666
09-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Ha ha ha . . . I did the same thing to my Son's Jeep also! Only I jumper wired my 18v,DeWalt to it. Man that thing moved!!! Well . . . the adults were jelous, so it was their turn. That Jeep did so many doughnuts, the plastic tires started to melt! Ohh what fun!!!

ezmoney1979
09-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Ha ha ha . . . I did the same thing to my Son's Jeep also! Only I jumper wired my 18v,DeWalt to it. Man that thing moved!!! Well . . . the adults were jelous, so it was their turn. That Jeep did so many doughnuts, the plastic tires started to melt! Ohh what fun!!!
I did the same with my nephews PW Jeep years ago, I think the motor gave up eventually lol!

300rman
09-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Dad installed a car battery on mine when I was a kid. Thing would run ALL DAY on a charge.

hillbilly 200x
09-12-2012, 11:25 PM
^^ lol my dad did that same thing. i knew of a guy who used to put chain saw engine into them.

atc007
09-13-2012, 05:53 PM
All I did was 9 volts in Stompers...... : ( lol