PDA

View Full Version : 1985 honda atc 250r oem rear fender help locate!!!

7285ZACKJHNDA
09-09-2012, 08:16 AM
I am an original owner of a 1985 honda atc 250r and i finally took it out of storage at my parents garage which has been about 12yrs this summer and noticed my rear fender was cracked in two places! The cracks are not repairable to big and i dont want to zip tie them together! Can anyone help me find one or know someone who can sell me one i have looked all over ebay, internet and locally and nothing except brand new on ebay for $2,300 ouch!!! Im looking for the rear fender without the embossed warning label, it doesnt have to be perfect just no cracks i am willing to pay for what its worth and shipping or if you live in new england area i will travel! I would try and buy on ebay but they are vultures and seagulls!!! Any info or help would be greatly appreciated my cell is 207-four five eight-four three one nine thanks

john

dustrunner
09-09-2012, 07:47 PM
well ive said it before and so have many others, these parts are getting harder and harder to find each day.... but they are out there... just keep looking.. as your bike sat in storage for 12 years so are others waiting to be found.... plus someone on here may have a set so keep a looking and good luck... also try posting want ads on craigs list or in your paper.. you never know...

manbearpig
09-09-2012, 07:58 PM
if you dont need to have OEM, then hit up maier. does fullbore make a set too? i think i may have heard they do for the 85/86R

bkm
09-09-2012, 08:42 PM
if you dont need to have OEM, then hit up maier. does fullbore make a set too? i think i may have heard they do for the 85/86RFullbore will only do the TRX fenders. Good luck finding an original '85 fender without the embossed warning label, they are very tough to find and when you do be ready to break out the wallet.

Unless your dead set on oem, there is a guy on ebay that had Maier make them in fighting red color that matches the oem much better. I think you have to buy a complete set but its probably still cheaper than a nice oem rear fender.

7285ZACKJHNDA
09-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the info i will have to check out maier, but the only thing i hate about maier fenders is you have to drill holes for fender support bracket! Why couldnt they make exact replica like oem fender so the support bracket would insert into fender? Oh well maybe they had to alter fender slightly for legal trademark purposes!!! Thanks i appreciate the reply and i will post if i find anything!