PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here go to the gym / workout?

Jason125m
09-13-2012, 08:22 PM
The gym is a passion of mine, I go every other day. I'm not a hard core body builder, but I take pride in my strength.

Anyone else go to the gym?

bkm
09-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't run because it makes me tired and I don't lift weights because they're heavy.:D

I actually need to get back on the wagon I was rolling good until I got hurt at work and then I was couch ridden for three weeks. So needless to say its been hard. I had lost 20 pounds in about three and a half weeks and I'm still maintaining but I would love to drop about 15 more and get down to 185-190.

oldskool83
09-13-2012, 08:34 PM
i use to spend 2.5 hours a day in the gym, wasnt body building either, problem was im so tiny to begin with at 130lbs i just was loosing more lol. i have an elitpical at home, call me gay if you want but they def works everything you thought you didnt have.

i do however eat mainly meat only and water. i use to do the gym with a body builder but he was on anything and everything under the sun, we did same works outs and its funny to see the people who are not on stuff at the gym cuz they are the ones you are not pushing big weight.

Mosh
09-13-2012, 08:39 PM
I honestly need to..Jared from Subway, took out a wanted ad cuz he thinks I ate his mom..

dcreel
09-13-2012, 08:43 PM
I run on a treadmill daily.. I have to watch what I eat.. Cutting out fast food crap and pop and I lost 10 pounds in a week.. It sucks and it hurts, but I'm not getting any younger..

I've got everything I need to lift weights here at the house.. The hard part is doing it.. lol

Jason125m
09-13-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm 155lbs. But I am in very good shape. I was disgruntled about staying so small, but the key to building strength is protein and calories... protein shakes are great. I will never be 200lbs, but, i can improve on my strength at the weight I am at. To build, you need 16-18x your body weight of calories, and .8-1 gram of protein per LB of body weight. I have dramatically improved in the past year going to the gym. I take pride when people are impressed with what I can lift for my tiny figure. I work as a landscaper, manual labour all day, keeps the weight low... Sweating buckets all summer.

I forgot to include that I am a celiac. For those of you know don't know what that means, it is being alergic to wheat. Anything made from flour. That definitely does not help the gaining weight issue.

remsandpets
09-14-2012, 02:21 AM
I have driven by a gym if that counts. Just got off work at 1:30 am and on the couch working on my 3rd Samuel Adams. 6' 195 lbs. I am great the way I am!

Jason125m
09-14-2012, 10:29 AM
I also just find the gym a great stress reliever, keeps your mind off things.

D-dub
09-14-2012, 12:40 PM
I do lots of trail hiking and bush pounding

aldochina
09-14-2012, 08:52 PM
been a gym rat as long as i can remember!! I used to lift hard core, but now i'm old with kids, and cant spend 2 plus hrs there. now its more like cram it in in an hour if you can. Cant lift the real heavy weights anymore, everything hurts. I have serious shoulder issues, and tendinosis in both arms. sometimes i think i would have been better off never touching the iron!! Dont be shy boys, show your physique if your proud !!

Matrix
09-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I just ate half a bag of coco pebbles :D

2fiftyR
09-15-2012, 01:59 PM
I grew up on a large dairy farm, then I was a concrete finisher for years before I finally put my education to use. I've done all the lifting I want to.

HondaATC500X
09-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I do mostly calisthenic movements, but I do use weight for my squats. I adhere to a fairly strict "primal" (Variation of paleo) diet that helped me lose close to 70lbs last year. Cut out all the fast food, breads, grains, vegetable oils, processed/pre-packaged stuff and its worked well for me.

brapp
09-15-2012, 08:57 PM
my excersize consist of whatever i do for work that day wether it be rungin excavator or dozer, or hulking concrete block or packign shingles up onto a roof, or wheeling concrete