PDA

View Full Version : Just Pre-Ordered the NEW iPhone 5 !!!

TatTooL23
09-14-2012, 05:03 AM
Preorders opened at 3 o'clock eastern time. So I just got mine all set to go. Can't wait!

Anyone else getting it?

hoosierlogger
09-14-2012, 05:21 AM
I just got the 4s a month ago. Had I known I would have liked a smart phone this much, I would have waited.

atc007
09-14-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm THINKING about getting a 3 lol. $200 refurb. What's the big advantages the 5 will have,,forgive me,,I've been a little busy as of late. And seriously,,,my cell now has no camera lol. What all does the 4 have over the 3 ? Thanx! Congrats Ryan !

spentar
09-14-2012, 08:45 PM
You can get a three cheaper on ebay in not refurbed condition so you know :)

KASEY
09-14-2012, 09:05 PM
people in the know say a 4s with the new software will be as good as a 5 ,, so i think i will keep my old one!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_J1-gJQ7qaCE/SvoLdB2Kv3I/AAAAAAAAAhI/zGjiNNSKClo/s400/old-cell-4.jpg69db54d8-0f85-4382-93a4-fc0f44b45e08Large.jpg

90guy
09-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Im going to be keeping my 4s dont see anything to spectacular in upgrades... The 5 is kind of a joke imo

manbearpig
09-14-2012, 09:25 PM
my iphone 4 (not s) does everything i need it to. even when it doesnt want to >:-)

but seriously, i dont see why the 5 is such a big deal...

KASEY
09-14-2012, 09:59 PM
SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO HAVE EVERY LAST NEW GADGET OUT THERE,,,, went to some friends house once.. most of them are setting around the table sharing apps and talking about their phones,,, needless to say it was a short evening!! way to many people are hooked on their gadgets to the point of retardedness!

MRSOUND
09-14-2012, 10:15 PM
I've been waiting for the 5 to come out so I can upgrade from the 3s to the 4s. They'll drop the price on the 4s drastically now just like they did the 3s when the 4 came out.

Chazz of Blades
09-14-2012, 11:55 PM
I'd pit my overclocked, rooted, kerneled, and flashed RAZR MAXX against anything that Apple could dare put on the market.

Besides, with the best battery life on the market, a CPU that's just as fast stock, much less overclocked, and a cheaper price I'd take it either way.

Apple is just overpriced in my opinion, especially when you consider point per point the specs to the cost. Apple is like Harley, BMW, and other big brands, you pay a lot for the logo as much as the item.

To each their own though, if it makes you happy, then congrats on a new phone!

manbearpig
09-15-2012, 12:01 AM
I'd pit my overclocked, rooted, kerneled, and flashed RAZR MAXX against anything that Apple could dare put on the market

...I have no idea what you just said:wondering

TatTooL23
09-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Awwww it's so funny how people comment on things they really know nothing about. And comment with absolute incorrect info.

"no different then a 4 upgraded" lol....

Guess its good u guys mostly stick to trikes.

TatTooL23
09-15-2012, 02:10 AM
iPhone 5 - four inch screen to the iPhone 4's 3.5 inch. This now puts it at a true 16:9 wide screen aspect ratio. So when watching a video traveling there is no lost picture or no black bars. Also adds another row of apps. On top of the screen is 40% brighter with more accurate color recreation. It also has incell touch technology where the sensors r built into the LEDs themselves. So it's a much more responsive touch.

The iPhone 5 is thinner and lighter.

It now has an all new A6 processor. Which is much faster at any function.

It has better antennaes for much better reception.

Stronger front glass and the aluminum uni-body so it is far more rigid and strong.

The camera has a faster shutter speed and better backlighting, and panoramic option.

The battery lasts even longer.

It has larger speakers and records a wider range of sound for better audio.

And also has the lightning connector now for much faster charging times and syncing.

So yeah, as u can c it's really just the same as the iPhone 4. U know, just like how the 2nd gen 250R's r the same as the 3rd gen liquid 250R's. Lol.....uhhhhhh

atc007
09-15-2012, 07:27 AM
^^^^ Lol,, I CAN say this lol.. I am sitting here w an Apple Macbook Pro on my lap. When I got it, I hated it,,thinking what Chazz said,,I payed for the lit Apple on the hood. Which I didn't even know was there lol. Well,,, 2 years later,,this badboy will Smoke ANY pc you can buy/build. I had bought my son the Top of the line HP When I got him his Ipod{ 2 Christmases ago, Bing had 23 % off Wal Mart.com one day,we cleaned up lol} Anyhow,,he takes meticulous care of his electronics. I had to borrow that steaming pile a cpl weeks ago. It is GARBAGE. Viruses,,you'll be typing,and it will delte/move complete sentences back,,a friend of mines is doing the same thing,she's given up retyping and just sends it that way..Anyhow,,I can 1st hand say that Apples stuff is NO joke. My sons I4s is amazing,his wifes Droid,,I'm not impressed,both are a cpl months old. You're in for a treat Ryan !

Jason125m
09-15-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm almost certain everyone realizes the differences between the 4s and the 5, but i'm also pretty sure no one wants to spend that kind of coin on an unnecessary cell phone when most already have the 4. Maybe later on down the road when its cheaper I will think about getting rid of mine. But for now, it works. I'm with Kasey, I hate the pricks that stare at their phone when you're at their house or just hanging out somewhere..... I feel sorry for my generation for becoming technology obsessed retards!

TatTooL23
09-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm almost certain everyone realizes the differences between the 4s and the 5, but i'm also pretty sure no one wants to spend that kind of coin on an unnecessary cell phone when most already have the 4.

Following today's announcement by AT&T sharing word that the iPhone 5 has broken pre-order sales records at the carrier, Apple has issued a press release noting that it too saw record-breaking pre-orders of over two million units in the first 24 hours of availability. The performance breaks last year's record of one million iPhone 4S units pre-ordered on the first day of availability.

Hmmmm, yup nobody wants that thing at all...

Funny 2 million pre-orders in 24 hours for almost no difference...lol, nuff said

Chazz of Blades
09-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Yup, and it'll still be outdated by next year.

300rman
09-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Apple.....morons still havent gotten the "reply all" bug fixed in the 4. Yeah, you cant reply to someone that sends you a picture. You reply to EVERYONE that person sent that picture to. so, I dont send pictures to people with Iphones, cause my other friends get their messages..

My Evo Shift is rooted, overclocked etc.etc and I get wicked battery life out of it with an extended battery. 18+ hours of moderate use, I cant complain one bit.

Jason125m
09-17-2012, 04:29 PM
I still find it hilarious how much you are defending this precious piece of equipment, maybe I should call you Golem. I didn't say one thing about there not being difference, all I basically said was, who the F cares?

Well, I guess, its cool. So everyone better buy it, or else you're not cool.

Everyone these days is a slave to their technology.

TatTooL23
09-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Yes I do love it.... I admit.

I can't wait til I'm half robotic. The more technological advances in life the better.

Aren't u happy u don't have to put a handle in the front of trailprotrailpro atvs and crank it to start them?? And isn't it cool to not have to shovel coal into them halfway down a trail. Lol

Chazz of Blades
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Yes I do love it.... I admit.

I can't wait til I'm half robotic. The more technological advances in life the better.

Aren't u happy u don't have to put a handle in the front of trailprotrailpro atvs and crank it to start them?? And isn't it cool to not have to shovel coal into them halfway down a trail. Lol

Um, sorry but the new iPhone isn't the equivalent to the electric starter or gasoline engine. It's just ANOTHER Apple iPhone for people to holler about and stick in other people's faces. And it still isn't half as great as Apple fanboys make it out to be. No thanks.

TatTooL23
09-17-2012, 07:33 PM
some times people r content with being in the back. thats how "first" is created. thats fine. there is a place for everyone.

and besides that u missed the point. the electric starter or gasoline engine r just products of TECHNOLOGY. which has made life a much better place for a lot of reasons and maybe not so good for other reasons too. i was just making a joke/reference to Jason saying everyone is becoming a slave to their technology. when the reality is that we all our. think of everything u do each day, or how u log onto this site and forum.... ohhhh technology it is my young padawans. you c if u dont have it, are not a part of it, or just dont want it, then that "technology" is stupid, or a waste. but if its one u choose or already chose awhile ago or by default then that is a great idea and not a problem to be a slave of.

funny how things work.

Louis Mielke
09-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Lots of good points on both sides.

The biggest truth is still the biggest truth, the iPhone 5 is just the next hardware generation. While yes it has some nice new features it only has a few things that set it apart from a 4s. I will have to disagree with any one who would try to compare it to a plain old iPhone 4 or 3s. The 5 and 4/3s are dramatically different. The biggest new feature as far as i'm concerned is it's finally a 4G phone. Yes I know most droids have been 4G for a while.

Do i want a 5? Sure the geek in me kinda demands it. I love my 4. I've tried using droids. I've never been all that jazzed about them. I'll say it over and over, Apple's hardware fit and finish, i'm talking quality here is hard to beat. I'm excited about the 5 being overall longer cause i hate the feeling that the speaker isn't at my ear, and a the mic isn't at my mouth.

If i had a 4s would I run out and upgrade to a 5? No. I have a 4, am I going to run out and pre-order? Nah. I'll wait until they can be had on a whim in a store. I'll also sell my 4 to help fund a 5.

Then you can argue that your rooted droid is so much better for umpteen different reasons. Thats cool you right, if you want to root your phone that is. My mother has had her droid for almost 2 years now, she's tech challenged and still hasn't figured out how to use all the features/etc. She can pick up my iPhone and pretty much use it immediately with almost no "figuring it out" time, and no she hasn't had a lot of time with one else where.For tech minded people/geeks your right you can do a lot with a droid. Honestly though I don't want to fiddle with my phone, i want it to be a phone and I don't want to worry about what I hosed up on it.

Jason125m
09-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Of course I enjoy technology, but there is a difference between zombie technology, and useful technology. I'm not trying to put anyone down, i'm a big believer in like what you want to like, its your life, I just want to show my side in this. Yes, I am a young padawan, but I can not help but notice that EVERYONE, and i mean EVERYONE around here, who is walking down a road, the mall, driving, working, eating, always has their phone right there, staring at it. I just don't get what the big deal is? I miss when I was younger and you would actually have to go to someones house to see if they are home, or if they want to do something. It seems face to face communication is at its lowest point, ever. Just last night, one of my buddy's was dumped through a TEXT. WTF?????? I love apps, I love texting, i text all the time, but i just can't help but notice it is destroying civilization as we know it. There are millions starving around the world, but people just need to have the latest and greatest in technology. If that money was spent elsewhere, the world would be a better place.

Louis Mielke
09-17-2012, 09:44 PM
I can understand what you're saying but I feel I have the opposite experience. Technology has allowed me to fit more human interaction into my life. I have met face to face with so many people I would have never met before because of technology and my phone is included in that. I truly feel like I have contact with some of my best friends through my phone because we are so very far apart. I've used my phone to organize face to face meetings well beyond what i ever did before cell phones got big. I wasted more time on people who didn't really care about me. The people I did see face to face before cell phones really didn't care about me much at all. Now I have more control of who i choose to interact with.

Regarding the starving people of the world. Beyond the typical charities that we all typicaly have participated in what have you sacrificed for those you can't touch or see but know suffer? Many many people speak of the suffering, but few do anything about it. And on top of that, how much is enough? How much must one sacrifice before we can look ourselves in the mirror and say we did our part? Who can quantify that?

Of course I enjoy technology, but there is a difference between zombie technology, and useful technology. I'm not trying to put anyone down, i'm a big believer in like what you want to like, its your life, I just want to show my side in this. Yes, I am a young padawan, but I can not help but notice that EVERYONE, and i mean EVERYONE around here, who is walking down a road, the mall, driving, working, eating, always has their phone right there, staring at it. I just don't get what the big deal is? I miss when I was younger and you would actually have to go to someones house to see if they are home, or if they want to do something. It seems face to face communication is at its lowest point, ever. Just last night, one of my buddy's was dumped through a TEXT. WTF?????? I love apps, I love texting, i text all the time, but i just can't help but notice it is destroying civilization as we know it. There are millions starving around the world, but people just need to have the latest and greatest in technology. If that money was spent elsewhere, the world would be a better place.

Jason125m
09-17-2012, 09:51 PM
I agree with you Louis, as a matter of fact, i've met great friends through online interaction / texting in general. Some of the people i've met here I talk to in person almost everyday. Most of my posts have been through a phone. I know I am hypocritical, but there is a part of me that just hates technology. I feel like I would be happier if I was born in the 20's.

As far as sacrificing for charity, ya got me. I participate in fundraisers when I can, and charity bbq's, but aside from time I haven't sacrificed anything. Mind you, my family and I have enough trouble financially as it is...

I'm just one of those people who just hates the way the world is today. A hard worker works his/her ass off all day, everyday, just to make ends meet. Meanwhile you have lazy dogf**ks who rack in several hundred thousand a year for doing nothing.

Chazz of Blades
09-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Yup, the iPhone 5 is technology alright, brilliant conclusion you've reached good sir, I'll call Sweden and have you put in for a prize.

Yeah it's nice, but it is in no way a big revolution. It just isn't. Would I consider it if I didn't already have a top of the line phone? Maybe, if I had the cash to throw around after it WILL drop in price in a month or two. But just as well, next year they'll undoubtedly unveil the iPhone 6, or 5s, and then IT will be the greatest thing on Earth, just like the 5 was before it.

I'm a nerd. I'm a die hard, thorough nerd, in many, many, many ways. I drool over tech just as much as I drool over Star Trek, D&D, custom built, water cooled i7 rigs, and bikes, trikes, cars, whatever.

But even after all that, the iPhone just seems pretentious, like they always have, and it just doesn't thrill me to death like some fanboys.

M.Pargiello
09-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Looks like it was a tough day at the salt mines for some apple fans...

I will stick to my rooted, overclocked, extended battery android. I can do ANYTHING I want on it and don't have that "Ipaid wayyy too much" feeling when I drop it.

zzmegad
09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
A lot of the cheap androids suck, but thats because they're cheap. The better ones are awesome. Still, you can't argue with the sales numbers, people like their iphones. Why the world tolorates the propriatary approch of iphones is most likely because they just don't know or don't care. Being a technology enthusiest I will continue to support android. I'm not saying iphones are inferior, I'm just saying I don't like the group of people creating them or their ideas.

Another thing, I don't have to root or overclock my android device to be happy, mine works great as is. But if I want to, I can.

All that said I'm sure the iphone 5 is an amazing device just like the Samsung Galaxy S3

It is hard to predict who will be on top in the distant future

spaghetti
09-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Forget $600 for a phone. Yeah its a badass phone, but last month my girlfriend bought me the 4 for $100 brand new, they were having some kind of sale I guess. It's more than enough phone, and internet is about the same speed of my computer. I can do anything I can do with a computer now on my couch, except print (which I'm sure there is an app for). Only thing that can actually hang with the iphone is the samsung galaxy, people arguing against it just want to be different.

M.Pargiello
09-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Forget $600 for a phone. Yeah its a badass phone, but last month my girlfriend bought me the 4 for $100 brand new, they were having some kind of sale I guess. It's more than enough phone, and internet is about the same speed of my computer. I can do anything I can do with a computer now on my couch, except print (which I'm sure there is an app for). Only thing that can actually hang with the iphone is the samsung galaxy, people arguing against it just want to be different.

There is! I have a wireless HP Printer above my fireplace. I can be on the other side of the country and print a reciept for parts right into my living room :)

TatTooL23
09-28-2012, 12:06 AM
yup, i print wirelessly from my phone too. its great.

Blown 331
09-29-2012, 08:24 AM
My wife has the 4s and it going to get the 5 when she's eligible for an upgrade in 2 months. I'm an Android guy myself. I know there's a lot of competition between the 2 but whatever. I just buy what I like, same as everyone else.

fabiodriven
10-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Say again? :wondering

fabiodriven
10-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Ha ha! You're a wack job man!

fabiodriven
10-15-2012, 03:01 PM
The first rule of iPhone 5 club is you must tell everyone about iPhone 5 club.

Jason125m
10-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Mmmm apple pie

fabiodriven
10-16-2012, 10:21 AM
There once was a man from Nantucket...