PDA

View Full Version : Front end issue please HELP!

Honda219
09-15-2012, 01:40 AM
i havea honda 250 sx. It seems i have hard steering my buddy trike can turn on a dime mine its kinda hard to explain but it just slides when i have it turned it dosent turn i have to go really slow and going at a fast speed i have a hard time fighting to keep it strait it seems like it want to go rightso i have to force to keep it going strait any help would be great. sorry about bad punctuation and spelling its late and off to bed lol.

Flyingw
09-15-2012, 02:37 AM
The problem may be with your rear tires as far as the pulling goes. If they are two different diameters, it will pull to one side or the other. Put a tape measure around your rear tires and inflate them till they are the same measurement. The air pressure probably wont be the same. This should fix your pulling problem.

Howdy
09-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the site, we hope you enjoy it.

It is also possible you have more agressive tires on the rear and a worn or less agressive tire on the front. This can be over come with proper body english.

Howdy

Flyingw
09-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Its also possible that forks are twisted in the upper and lower triple clamps. To true the front forks, support the trike under the engine so the front wheel is just barely touching the ground. Loosen the clamp bolts and clamp the front wheel between your legs and twist the handlebars side to side gently the tighten up the clamp bolts. The front end should center up in the clamps.

Honda219
09-15-2012, 04:50 PM
ok ya i dont know if its thefront forks my buddy said they were fine ya im tring to get the same pressure in the back tires but my fron tire is a lil dry rotted the back are pretty much new i kinda only notice this on the road off road its fine

Rigaman
09-15-2012, 05:11 PM
When you turn, you should try putting your weight on the front a little more. It should grab the front tire better. You probably have too much air pressure in your wheels. The reason it pulls when you are going fast is probably from one rear wheel being inflated more than the other. It could be something more serious like a bent axle or your forks. All three tires dont have to be exactly the same. Just make sure the rear tires match up as good as you can get.

Ya. on the road it is hard because there is no rear differential. So when you turn, one wheel wants to spin faster than the other. It should go straight easily though.

Honda219
09-16-2012, 12:21 AM
ok thanks guys