PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel key

fordrangerracer
09-15-2012, 04:23 PM
I was riding up in Trevorton today and I went to pull start my 1982 Honda ATC 200 and just the flywheel spun. Common sense the woodruf key was either broken or fell out or something. So went to the hardware store to get one and none of them seem to fit. The best chance is a 5/32 by 5/8. Any ideas? Do I need an actual Honda flywheel key or whats up? Any help would be great thanks!

Edit. Would it be number 13 on here? http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1982-honda-atc200/o/m1887?a=11#sch11946

falloutboy
09-16-2012, 12:10 AM
i would see if you can get one from honda, if nothing else, maybe try filing down the one that is too big. Your old key probably sheared. make sure there is no damage to your crankshaft and keyways.

ironload
09-19-2012, 11:46 PM
same thing happend to me. i orderd new key from PowersportsPlus.com for 5.00 shipped but beware took a week in a half to recieve and they never notified me that the shaft oil seal i also ordered and wanted to change when it was apart was not available. took another 2 weeks and many emails to recieve refund. very disapointed in there service

KEY (25X14X4)
90701-HB6-010

JGW3
09-20-2012, 08:32 AM
I have run into that issue in a past life as a forklift mechanic. Most repair shops have a "nut and bolt" guy that keeps all the bins full of consumables. Our's here in Memphis loved a good challenge. I you could get the actual metric size that would help too. Can Honda look in the computer and even if they dont have it can they tell you what size key it is? I would bet its on 20 different bikes Honda made/makes... Let me know what you find I am really curious. Good luck.