PDA

View Full Version : Our amazing Post Office at work..12 days, MI to PA

atc007
09-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Now,,I'm the 1st one to thank all those that work there,and still think it's pretty awesome .50 puts a letter from here to Alaska....But,,1st they lost a bunch od NOS decals Aldochina had entrusted me with,with a ton of copies.. POOF,, gone forever, no clue where they went too. 2 months ago.. Now,,I ordered a manual for a customer,the 4th. Had honestly completely forgotten about it,,he calls today. I said it has def not got here! So,,I track it,,there it is in black and white. I couldn't believe it..

Sorting Complete
2012-09-17, 08:46:00, CANTON, PA 17724

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
2012-09-17, 02:01:00, WILLIAMSPORT, PA 17701

Depart USPS Sort Facility
2012-09-17, 00:00:00, WILLIAMSPORT, PA 17701

2012-09-16, 00:00:00, HARRISBURG, PA 17107

2012-09-15, 19:49:00, HARRISBURG, PA 17107

Missent
2012-09-15, 11:32:00

Forwarded
2012-09-15, 11:32:00, WAYNESBORO, PA

Sorting Complete
2012-09-15, 08:56:00, WAYNESBORO, PA 17268

Arrival at Post Office
2012-09-15, 07:45:00, WAYNESBORO, PA 17268

2012-09-15, 00:00:00, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

2012-09-14, 09:10:00, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
2012-09-09, 16:24:00, WARRENDALE, PA 15095

2012-09-09, 00:00:00, WARRENDALE, PA 15095

Refused
2012-09-05, 13:28:00, TEMPERANCE, MI 48182

Acceptance
2012-09-05, 11:04:00, TEMPERANCE, MI 48182

thestud25
09-17-2012, 04:11 PM
They wouldn't deliver a package in my mom's name to my address even though we have the same last name and she has stuff sent here all the time. There was no delivery confirmation and it was not required to sign for.

Matrix
09-17-2012, 04:19 PM
I had an emergency rear brake caliper kit that I spent (I think) $27 for overnight shipping. It was already one day late, then, the day before my harscramble it arrived in the post office about 15 minutes away from me and they wouldn't be able to ship it out til' the following Monday and I couldn't go pick it up, it had to be shipped and my mother even works for that post office.. Bastards..

shortline10
09-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Not sure what's going on as of late but I have been getting the same BS with the misssent in my tracking as well .

atc007
09-17-2012, 08:37 PM
After my fiasco with Aldos decals,,I'm just burnt. I basically posted this to make all you guys aware that if you're dealing w someone here,and they say it 's shipped. He's probably telling the truth. I just feel like EVERY time I walk in the PO now,,I HAVE to pop for insurance and DC or it'll never be seen again.. What to do.. Again,,I am very grateful for our shipping services when they work lol !! But I couldn't believe this one. At least they didn't cover it up.

Howdy
09-17-2012, 10:33 PM
I sent a pmt for a bill to a town 10 miles from me. I kid you not it took 3 weeks for the payment to arrive. They waived the late fee when they seen the envelope was postmarked 2 weeks before the due date. I now pay this place via other methods when I get a bill.
Howdy

coolpool
09-18-2012, 10:07 AM
That sucks about the decals, ATC! The sad part is I have to rely on USPS for cross border shipping so I don't get burned by broker fees from UPS. Now I'm going to make sure I have tracking numbers for everything!

oldskool83
09-18-2012, 11:19 AM
UPS only, screw post office, they lost a set of motorcycle forks one 4 months, then they just showed up at a guys house.

MRSOUND
09-18-2012, 11:53 AM
I get delivery confirmation on all the packages I send out and insurance on anything worth over $50 or anything easily breakable (plastic parts) or highly cosmetic. Never know how package will be "handled". I try to figure it in on the shipping when I give the buyer a price. Knock on wood, Haven't lost anything I've sent yet but did see some round about ways (through tracking) that packages have arrived.

fabiodriven
09-18-2012, 02:52 PM
The post office is a dadgum disgrace. I'm sure anyone you talk to is going to have a story.

They have to sell you their up-charges in order for them to do anything right. It's a friggin disgrace. If you don't pay extra, they won't do their job right. I just went through this with them recently and that was my argument. At my job you come in here and you pay whatever it is for me to work on your vehicle. The prices are plainly posted and there isn't a column where you have the option to "pay more for me to do my job right". I am paying the post office to ship my package, that's all I'm paying them for. Why do I have to pay extra for them to actually do their job? It's total BS.

A couple of months ago they lost an air bag kit I had to return (I won't bore with the details of that shite show. It took 3 kits and hours on the phone until it got straightened out.). As if I wasn't dealing with enough issues from both the vendor and the manufacturer, the friggin post office lost one of the kits I had to return. This kit was valued at $315, and they lost it. They sent me the top of the box I has used to ship the kit back in with the label intact and asked me what was in that box. It was like they chopped off the tail of my cat and sent it to me asking if I were missing a kitty. I was beyond upset.

What I would like to know is this- At what point was my package compromised and why didn't anybody do anything about it? I mean, this is the post office. Their one and only purpose for existing is to ship packages and mail. Call me crazy, but if I worked for the post office and at some point I saw a package coming down the line that looked as if it had some issues, I would take that package aside and tape it back up! That's their friggin job! I would love to meet the arse-clown who watched my package roll by them with obvious issues and did nothing about it. They have tape and packing material at their disposal at all times I'm sure, yet they can't take 2 minutes to fix a package that looks as if it might give way. So where are the contents of package now? $315 worth of air bag kit just vaporized into thin air? I highly doubt it.

The post office is having a tough time right now and rightfully so. They are awful. Their only task, although a big task, they cannot handle. I avoid shipping through them at all costs.

atctim
09-18-2012, 03:51 PM
UPS is not much better - they just damaged some stuff we sent out from work. I insured them for $5000 per package. They destroyed 2 of the packages, and now it is just a fight to get them to pay up. Isn't that why I payed for the insurance?????

Scootertrash
09-18-2012, 07:19 PM
UPS is notorious for not paying up on insured packages that were damaged. It's always "Improper Packing"

atc007
09-18-2012, 09:25 PM
You nailed my point right on the head fabio. I feel absolutely Naked if I don't BUY coverage from them,,,KNOWING,,it is virtually impossible to get paid even w insurance! UPS lost a YZ 250 engine for me in 94,,LONG story short. They never paid a cent. And they had me talk to this very nice lady in a warehouse somewhere out west,she said they have many! With nothing but "lost" packages,,,she went down the line describing motorcycle/atv engines to me,one by one. I clearly identified a Goldwing over the phone,,,but never a mine. She said it is a gigantic warehouse!! Anyhow,,it happens,but twice in a cpl months upset me.

johnny's X
09-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Use Fedex. Only way to go

atc007
09-18-2012, 11:03 PM
I have never shipped w them, But when i receive from them. it is on time,every time !

Dirtcrasher
09-18-2012, 11:19 PM
I use FEDEX with great results.

I haven't shipped much for awhile but the USPS "was" fine.

They claim they don't make enough money and never seem to be in a rush when your standing in line.

My step father worked for the USPS and his job was to provide counseling to the crazed workers.

They always claim their not making money and continue to raise the price of a stamp. I would never send anyone a letter that I can pick up the phone and speak to; No more Paul Revere. And whether they like the new technology or not, it's here and it's now!

Matrix
09-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Use Fedex. Only way to go

Lol, FedEx? Maybe where you live but here I had roughly7 items shipped with UPS in about 2-3 weeks and one of my packages was delivered with FedEx. UPS was just fine here but for some reason FedEx told me they had a wrong address! But How? UPS was using the same exact address and delivered every single thing I have ever ordered from them without a scratch but FedEx had the wrong address... My friends dad who does a lot of shipping will not deal with FedEx because he gets the same issues. FedEx is garbage here. I don't even like USPS and my mother works for those people. UPS only for me.

Also, not to spark a political discussion but if USPS was a private business, they would work great. Just like UPS or FedEx (works for other people but not me) or DHL etc.. Private business will always be better than the government. Like I said, I would rather this not become a political fight. They go absolutely no where..

aldochina
09-20-2012, 12:42 AM
I am sick about my decals dissapearing! Gotta say though, i have shipped, and been shipped things parcel post a million times in the past, and this is my first bad expierience!! My local post office is great, but i'm also 10 mins from the capital of NY! From what i gather 00 lives out with the sheep and cows, and lord knows how things operate, i'm surprised there still open with all the recent closings!! parcel post is just so much cheaper most of the time, even if you add tracking delivery conf, and insurance your still way under the competion! I am still holding out hope someday they will arrive, i mean what good are they to anyone but a trike nut?? I am hoping by the grace of god that i could possibly need some of those decals this winter!!
I like my mail lady, i wish there were still paper boys!! Man times sure have changed!

atc007
09-20-2012, 06:44 AM
That's just it ! You here once in a while about letters/packages arriving months /years later. I am HOPING .. It was a tube,well wrapped and taped,very clearly marked with BOTH our info,,,gggggrrrrr,,anyhow,,your boots came in,and I am waiting to get a tube,and they'll be n there way again! Insured to high heaven !