PDA

View Full Version : 350X MESSED up clutch, need help, metal shards!

Alberta250r
09-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Well since i got the 3 wheeler the clutch has slowly been getting more sticky, I will pull the clutch lever in and its still half engaged so i have to use the brake to stop it from rolling forward. i can hold the clutch in pop it in gear and give it gas and it will pick up some speed, I tryed adjusting the cable all the way , dident work, made it worse actually. So i changed the oil today because it needed it very badly, was black, smelt burnt and when i poured the oil out of the catch container into a larger holding tank the bottom was filled with metallic specs, at least 1/8 to 1/4 of a leter was contaminated. I dont understand tho, in a matter of like 4 or 5 quick little rips up and down my ally it went from working like the best clutch ever to being complete garbage!, i ordered a new barnnet clutch kit but if anyone can give me some info that would be great

dustrunner
09-22-2012, 09:26 AM
clean oil is the lifeline of an engine. when i get a new atc, i change the oil and filter, regardless of how good the oil looks, its cheap insurance... im hopping its just the clutch discs. and friction plates making the shavings and not the botton end . good luck

just ben
09-22-2012, 10:09 AM
from the description and the shavings I am willing to bet the fingers on the clutch basket are grooved. alot of times you can use a flat file to smooth out the grooves but the best way to fix it is to replace the basket. pull it apart and see whats going on with it.