PDA

View Full Version : What is this generator worth?

Howdy
09-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Just happen to see this for sale online and decided to pick it up. Just wondering if I got a good deal on it.
It's TG5750 ( sold at Menards 3 years ago ). When we looked at it the seller said he had 15 other emails stating they wanted it, but the seller was a GREAT seller and Honored his appointment with me ( I was the first person to contact him ). Yes, I bought it.

The description:

We bought this refurbished 5700 Watt Generator a couple of years ago and never used it.
When we did try to start it this year it would not start. It appears there is no charge going to the spark plug.
We are willing to sell it as it is for XXXXXX to a handyman.

FYI, I got it home and found it had awesome spark. Started 2nd pull with starting fluid. Drained the old gas and put fresh gas in and it starts right up and runs nicely.

What's one of these worth?
Howdy

kb0nly
09-24-2012, 11:29 PM
They sold for about $550 new, its a decent gen, or chingen as we like to call them here. Last year after a tornado about wiped us out these things were rattling everywhere for a few days and the local stores sold out of them.

If you plan on keep it, treat the fuel with some Stabil and run it for about 15 mins every month to keep it in shape. I have a Coleman 6500w that i put full synthetic oil in and keep the fuel fresh by draining the tank in the spring and the fall, along with monthly runs to burn out any moisture and keep the gen head in good order. A couple used junkyard baseboard heaters work great for a test load, but i can also switch the house to it as well.

Howdy
09-24-2012, 11:38 PM
I think I got a good deal. I have no intentions of selling it. Here is a screen shot of the ad:
Howdy

plastikosmd
09-25-2012, 06:41 AM
I think u got a very good deal

kb0nly
09-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Not knowing what you paid for it, but i assume cheap since it was non-running when you bought it, i bet you got a good deal! Now just maintain that puppy.

I built mine into my backyard shed. And after the tornado last year i was the only one with power!

http://www.kb0nly.info/generator.html

thestud25
09-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Not knowing what you paid for it, but i assume cheap since it was non-running when you bought it, i bet you got a good deal! Now just maintain that puppy.

I built mine into my backyard shed. And after the tornado last year i was the only one with power!

http://www.kb0nly.info/generator.html

$90.00............

kb0nly
09-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Didn't catch that i was viewing the forum on my phone...

$90!!!! Holy hell man you stole that.

ezmoney1979
09-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Didn't catch that i was viewing the forum on my phone...

$90!!!! Holy hell man you stole that.
No kidding, what a steal!!! In my "neck of the woods" something like that goes for at least somewhere in the neighborhood of..................................... wait for it................................................ ......................................... no, wait.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................ here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw
Sorry Howdy :beer