PDA

View Full Version : NFL refs!!

Flossyb20
09-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Someone had to start a thread on it..... So I'll start this off with the admission that I am a huge Seahawks fan, and enjoyed the game immensley last night, up until the end. I thought the Hawks played an awesome game, but it was all overshadowed by the last play. I'll be the first to admit that the refs blew the call on Tate's push off...but I just don't see how the call was blatently blown on the simultaneous possession in the end-zone....if it was clearly an interception as all the talking heads are saying...then it easily would have been overturned. Bottom line (my opinion), is that it was a damn tough call, great play by both players, but tie goes to the runner (and yes, I believe they both hit the ground with simultaneous possession)...do you guys think the call would've been different (and be honest) if the real refs were on the field? Obviously the situation would've been handled more professionaly, but do you think they would've called it the same way...either way, it wouldn't have been overturned by replay. In any case, the NFL needs to bring the refs back, before someone seriously gets hurt (more so than has already happened). Alright...let me have it....I know there's plenty of Packer fans out there:-)

86T3
09-26-2012, 07:21 AM
The NFL came out yesterday and said that the call was correctly upheld meaning there wasn't absolute evidence to overturn it. That doesn't necessarily say that the call was correct, just that it couldn't be over turned. If it was called an interception first it would have been upheld also. What i saw was jennings caught the ball with two hands and tate had his arm between jenings chest and the ball while they were in the air. As they came down tate brought his arm closer and started the fight for the ball. IMO, it was an interception. It looked like an interception with the eye test. Kind of like 2 years ago when Calvin Johnson caught a touchdown and dropped the ball as he was getting up and they called it a drop? It looked like a catch and everyone knew it was, but the micro managed rules made it a drop. I hope that makes sense. One thing is for sure, they can't take the win away so you can be happy about that!

As far as the old refs, i think that could have happened the same way with them, it just wouldn't have been as likely. If the two refs talked before signalling, i think the back judge would have told the other one what he saw and it would have been an interception. Who knows though.

I used to be real big into the NFL but have been slowly getting away from it. I don't watch too many games anymore, i try to catch the bills games on the radio if i can though.

2+1=fun
09-26-2012, 09:48 AM
It's just so aggravating because it is so obvious what should have happened. That ref's only experience was coaching division, check this out, 3 football.

The thing is it's not just that game. Replacement refs are making bad calls left and right throughout the league. It's really sad to see such a great sport ruined by the officials.

Yes, I am also an angry packers fan haha.

Flossyb20
09-26-2012, 09:54 AM
What's a shame is that the real refs aren't on strike, they're being locked-out by the NFL!! All over like 300.00 a game, and retirement benifits. The greed in the NFL is getting ridiculous! what I love is the players are complaining that the replacement refs are making the game unsafe by not making certain calls...but it's the players who are taking all the cheap shots on the field, and the coaches telling them to get away with what they can. It is fun to watch though...it's like football in the 80's all over again!!

250rs-neva-die
09-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Don't know if anyone caught the Pat's game sunday night, but there was alot of bad calls in that one as well. Especially the field goal at the end that was obviously not through the uprights. But it couldnt be reviewed because it was above the post and not between them. Definant blown call and yes I am a Pat's fan but it was pretty obvious blown call! And in last weeks game they had a touchdown called back on a supposed hold call that never happened. These guys are going to ruin the season for some teams.

Mosh
09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
poopy...

We have been dealing with BS NFL officiating in Cleveland since 1983...Nothing new to us..Anybody thinks I am saying that for an excuse the Browns suck....THEY DO..I aint making excuses...
And we still get lame calls. If I had a nickle for every non call on the Browns when we get held on a blitz, or pushed off of on defense pass play, I would be rich..When I watch a Cleveland game, the refs are just like static on the TV screen, a nuisance...
"Oh wait the Browns had a 40 yd pass play for a TD..Better throw a flag for holding.."Play is brought back, and out comes dawson for a 53 yd field goal attempt...
In the meantime..Harrison just decapatated one of our recievers and is back in the huddle..

El Camexican
10-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I felt so sorry for the replacement refs. Talk about a thankless job. I ref junior hockey as a volunteer and I’m never more than one game away from just saying screw it and never going back. I have to memorize a 470 page rule book, burn my gas, use my equipment, spend my time (usually weekends) and too boot my daughter volunteers to run the clock and does the score sheets so we can spend a little time together. And what do I get in return for my efforts to promote the sport that is trying to grow here in 100 heat? A sense of contributing to the community? A feeling that I’m giving something back to the sport I love? HA! Yea, that’s what I keep telling myself, but more often than not it’s just bruises and buggered up shoulders from breaking up fights, verbal abuse that my 11 year old kid gets to listen to and in many cases outright loathing from the very players I’m out there trying to protect from each other while making things fair for both teams. When there is a close game, or one that was determined by a goal scored during a penalty (regardless of whether or not the call was correct) I often have to wait in the change room until the fans and players clear out before I can leave as it can turn into a confrontation if I pass through a group from the losing team. I half expect to have a slashed tire when I come out sometimes. It amazes me that 12 players on the ice and their fans think that 2 guys can catch everything that happens at that speed. There is no instant replay and most of the time the dirty plays happen when the puck we as officials are supposed to follow is elsewhere. The only way any sport will ever have zero blown calls is if there is one good ref assigned to watch each player and I don’t think the NFL is going to pay for that. So as far as complaining about any call ever made by any official in any sport, I say go put that striped shirt on if you think you can do better.

Flossyb20
10-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Sorry to bring it up, but I just had to post this link about the whole Seattle/Green Bay - debacle, in case there's still some people out there who thinks the Pack was robbed: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/