PDA

View Full Version : 82 Honda 200 ?'s

03mossy
09-29-2012, 11:47 AM
I just bought my first trike! 1982 Honda 200. Its not the prettiest buts runs good. Which is what i wanted. I have some questions. First it has a twist throttle which i hate, so that has to go. Anybody have a thumb throttle laying around? The rear taillight is busted out so i also need that houseing. Its runs great on half choke but kills when you shut the choke off. What needs to be adjusted? Anything else you think i should ge through on it? Im sure i will have a bunch of questions so thanks in advance.

remsandpets
09-29-2012, 01:28 PM
I have a thumb throttle and a tail light housing I could send out monday or so. The idle is probably dirty jet. Just clean the carb. Give me a pm to arrage.

dustrunner
09-29-2012, 03:12 PM
yep, them ole honda's will never die, just keep good oil in it .. have fun

03mossy
10-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Russ- thanks for the offer. Wish i would've seen it sooner but i found the parts locally and there already installed.

I got her all cleaned up and looking good. Now its time for the brakes. I pretty good mechanically as long as i have seen how things are supposed to work while there working first. Both handle brakes do nothing, the left is loose and the cable falls out and the right had a busted handle. I fixed that but it does nothing as far as stopping. And the foot brake doesnt do much either. Any idea where to start?

dustrunner
10-01-2012, 07:46 PM
i soak the cables in oil for a while if they are good shape but froze up... then pull the drums off and see how the pads are ?? grease the shafts and such for many years of service...

bumsted200s
10-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I have a '82 200 myself its a prime machine. As far as the throttle goes, go on eBay and buy a newer style thumb throttle (like the 200x, 200s, 200m) had its a way better setup and is adjustable. Its $45 and buy a new $12 throttle cable out of denniskirk.com, was the best thing I ever did to mine. Running on choke just means the carb is plugged up, 9 times out of 10 just removing and cleaning gunk out of it and blow out jets solves it. But denniskirk.com sells a carb rebuild kit for less then $20 bucks and never have to worry about it again. For a tail light you can put whatever on there, but if you want a stock one just take a look on eBay.

'82 185s
'82 200
'84 200s
'85 200x

waynekreitzmann
04-05-2014, 10:11 PM
When I was a kid I had a 90 ATC and it locked up a couple times cause of no oil just let it cool down and put some oil in and gtg (that was before I knew about maintenance)