PDA

View Full Version : Interesting little sled on kijiji: "Chrysler Snow Runner" 1979, 79cc-$600

Lord Letto 20
09-30-2012, 09:27 PM
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-Chrysler-Snow-Runner-W0QQAdIdZ418269082

FOR SALE, 79(?) Chrysler Snow Runner. I believe the sled is all there but it does need work. Included in sale is a new track ($118.00) – never been turned over and a new seat cover ($75.00) – not yet installed and ten new replacement track cleats ($8.00 each), new condenser, new coil and used coil and a few chain link connectors. The sled has spark and compression and will run on sprayed in fuel. Needs a recoil starter or some creative fix on the existing but finicky one. Wiring is wonky from the handlebars back but should be a quick fix for anyone who knows sleds. Twist grip throttle works perfectly as does the band brake on the clutch. $600.00/no trades

i didn't know Chrysler made Sleds, i thought they only made Cars (and trucks and vans, etc.).

dustrunner
10-01-2012, 08:01 PM
pretty kool, but with all those parts that come with it , it sounds like whoever owned it knew to cut their losses and get rid of it.. and the track looks to narrow to really provide much traction without tipping over..

wisconsinite
10-01-2012, 08:29 PM
they have one of those at the pioneer auto museum in south dakota. the sign describing it said "unsafe at any speed". i've been wanting one ever since...

atc350xer
10-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I have one, got it in a trade last June... can't wait for some snow to try it out!

CRAZY70MAN
10-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Older Rokons had chrysler motors in them also. There is a member on here with a snow runner that I have seen. Looked pretty neat!!

Bryan Raffa
10-02-2012, 07:20 AM
we had one at Ice Fest it was pretty cool and fun to ride... scoots along pretty good!

dustrunner
10-02-2012, 08:20 AM
seems like you would need skiis for your feet tho ? hehe

pipeline triker
10-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Ive had some. they are a blast to ride. You can ride in up to about 10 inches of snow, after that your feet drag. They are quick and light, $600 is a good price for one. the reason he has all those parts is a couple years ago lots of parts were found and sold pretty cheap for these. So if you had one you bought parts in case you might need them. most seats have a rope burn because the rewind is kinda under the seat, and the rope rubs on the edge. if you have ever riden an unstudded motocycle on ice at any speed that is what these feel like to ride. My wife loved how they rode also, they are a blast to ride.

atc350xer
10-02-2012, 01:52 PM
we had one at Ice Fest it was pretty cool and fun to ride... scoots along pretty good!
If that was Nate's, that's the one I now have. Has a couple of pinholes that needs fixed. They were JB Welded, but it leaks.

JasonB
10-02-2012, 02:23 PM
i want one! that thing is awesome! do want!

**edit just saw the response about 'unsafe at any speed' lfmao sounds like my kind of machine!