PDA

View Full Version : 250R carb swap...options?

Mack
10-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Finally got my stock carb dialed in the best I can this morning. seems to run great with no concerns. I do however feel like my engine wants to burn more than my carb can give it. I'm running the stock keihin PE30 on my 84' R. I read on the airfoolers forum that the keihin pj34 is a good swap for my engine. Just wanted to get some opinions possibly based on experiences you guys have had with swapping out carbs on air cooled R's.

Also, I'm running the stock exhaust and its pretty full of carbon buildup. Pipe and silencer. Is there any efficient way to clean these or am I better off to just go aftermarket? I think I finally realized what this engine is capable of providing she can breathe properly. all advice is welcomed.

Thanks, Mack

Mack
10-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Ah c'mon guys, Someone has had to have swapped out this Hank Hill carb (narrow urethra). I read another thread about a guy putting a 38mm airstryker on an air-cooled 300r. Im running the original head so I really just want to know how big of a carb is enough on a stock bore cause I only wanna do this once. Correct me if I'm offtrack but I assume upgrading the reeds and filter might be a good companion to a carb mod as well.

Maybe I suck at the search function but I really can find many opinions on this subject regarding air coolers. Any advice is invited.

atc300r
10-03-2012, 06:53 PM
The 34 mill carb from a 85-86 liquid r is a good upgrade.You will need to stretch your stock intake boot or find an after market one like DG or Helm an Son.. Also If you can find one a fl 350 oddy intake boot with a reed spacer works well.