PDA

View Full Version : Stumbled on a Tecate and 250R head to head today

Firsttrike
10-01-2012, 08:19 PM
I am in Matamoras, PA for business this week. I was driving through Port Jervis NY and saw this store front called TUF Motorsports. What really caught my eye was the front window of the store front!! I had to snap a pic.

I stoped in and talked to a guy who I think must have been the owner and another guy that was there. (a friend maybe - not sure) Anyway... both really cool guys. I could have stayed and talked all day if I didn't have work to do. Cool little shop. I don't think he has a website but he said he does ebay and local sales. After talking I looked around and I def got the impression that he was once a racer. He had some awesome stuff. There was an older honda quad in the back of the room that was so customized (race set-up) I couldn't really tell what it was. All I know is it took your breath away to look at it. Both ATC's were a 9.9 out of 10 conditon.

I totally forgot to ask if they were for sale.

If anyone wants info let me know.

Dirtweed
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Very nice. If you ever get up to North Tonawanda NY stop into Bob Weaver Motorsports. He has a like new Tri-Z perched up on the ledge in
the showroom and that is only one of his toys. See if you can get a tour of the back of the place and you'll be amazed at his collections of bikes
and snowmobiles.

just ben
10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Very nice. If you ever get up to North Tonawanda NY stop into Bob Weaver Motorsports. He has a like new Tri-Z perched up on the ledge in
the showroom and that is only one of his toys. See if you can get a tour of the back of the place and you'll be amazed at his collections of bikes
and snowmobiles.story I heard was weaver has atleast one one everything that has passed through the dealership still crated but I have never seen any of it.I believe A member here works there ,maybe he would know. I have only been there once (3 years ago) and there was no tri z then so who knows what they have.

EK-Racing
10-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Cool Find. Did he have any trike racing stuff?

RIDE-RED 250r
10-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Funny you happened across that shope and posted that 250r/Tecate pic. NICE!

2 of my family members each just got a Tri-Z last week. Makes me want to get a Tecate so between all of us each of the old legends will be represented. Going to be building a second '85 250r this winter and I have pretty much decided the next project will be a Tecate, preferrably an '86/'87.... I think I have a touch of trike fever!!

Firsttrike
10-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks for all the comments.
Yeah it was really cool that I happened across that. What a site to see those two facing off in the front window. Reminded me of an old dirtwheels mag cover! LOL. I can still see the article title in my head.... Wheelie to the ends of the earth.....LOL

There is a Tecate on ebay right now. (I HAD to look after seeing that one in the window)
Look mint if I remember. Big money though... I think it was something like $2500. To rich for me. Hold on a minute.
Okay yeah here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-kawasaki-tecate-250r-kxt250-/160891338372?pt=ATVs&hash=item2575defe84
Looks nice!

Anyway.... back to reality land....

EK-Racing - Yeah I'm not real sure. There was so much laying around it was hard to take it all in. If I had to guess I would say yes. The guy was really in to the trikes. Pm me if you want the guys phone number. Not sure if it's within the rules to post it in the thread.

Never been to Bob Weaver. although I never get to that area. Thanks for the heads up though. Good to remember.