PDA

View Full Version : why are blasters not worth much???

buyingatvs
12-01-2003, 12:17 AM
i have for sale a 1999 blaster with new rubber and pipe, header, looks and runs nice and i cant sell it....i put it in the local paper and no bites, i also listed it on here but not much response,,i am asking $1300 for it...is this too much? i also have a 1989 with a bunch of extras on it for $1200....i bought them a while back to maybe turn a dollar but not yet!!!. maybe too close to christmas? any replys will be helpfull........

Wickedfinger
12-01-2003, 02:09 AM
Because they are a dime a dozen, they are the cheapest sport quad on the market and they have been around since 1988. Polaris trailblazers have the same low re-sale problem.

lisnup65
12-01-2003, 09:09 AM
Their are a ton of Blaster's out there and the flooded market makes a sale a lot harder. I went looking a little over a year ago for a Blaster. I wanted a machine that did not have all the After-market stuff on it as to me its a sign that its been abused. I know that is not always the case, but when I see all this add-on power stuff it makes me guess the mechanical reliability that I am getting. After looking and looking, I purchased a new 2003 from the local dealer for just shy of 3K. It was around $1200.00 more than the used 2000 up models, but it had hydro brakes all the way around which made it by far the better deal. As bad as this sounds, since no one will give you the monies, part the machine. You will make out a whole lot better ebaying the machine in parts than you could ever do selling it. Me and my buddy got $1400.00 for a 1984 200X with a blown motor. All together the machine was worth a few hundred, in pieces it was worth 7x that.