PDA

View Full Version : YTM 200E Clutch and rear end questions

cheezy
10-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I have a YTM 200E and the Clutch seems to slip when taking off or in low rpm but every yamaha 3 wheeler ive ever ridden has done this so i was wondering if i should replace the cluth plates or if this was as design flaw or a need of adjustment. Also i believe the rearend is getting ready to go out im not sure if its the little coupling that looks like a large socket (dont kno exactly what its called but its a coupling that connects the shaft to the cone shaped rear end gear) or if its the rear end gear itself. The reason for concern is when i had gotten caught in a assumed shallow hole in a trail in the midst of spinnin in 2nd gear it felt like a chain slipping on a sprocket is the best way i can explain it. If u have any advice it would be aprecciated and also ive looked online for these rear end parts and for the most part the gears or unfindable, my trike physically and motor wise is in what i would consider great shape (except for the seat cuz i left it in the sun like a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro) if anybody has any ideas where i would be able to find these parts i would be almost in their debt. Please dont let this trike die:cry: help me keep it alive:TrikesOwn

muthey
10-05-2012, 01:09 AM
more than likely it is the pinion gear but you will have to disassemble it to find out, the nut holding the pinion gear in place is left handed just so you don't spends hours fighting a losing battle. Your best bet is buying on ebay for it, as yamaha doesn't make those parts anymore.

Howdy
10-05-2012, 01:37 AM
The clutch issue is most likely the Centrifical clutch and or drum. If it slips more at low RPM's but engages fine at higher RPM's the centrifical clutch pads are wore. Now if the machine seem good in low gear but slips a lot in high RPM's then the secondary ( Manual ) clutch plates are wore.
FYI, your machine does have 2 clutches ( centrifical and a secondary ).

I should have a differential at the shop. If you find you need it for sure let me know.
Howdy