PDA

View Full Version : Tri Moto 125 Spark plug is getting oil on it

CodyRosa
10-04-2012, 10:55 AM
I got a seized up tri moto 125 from my grandpa. I ended up pouring a bunch of oil, lubrication and finally got it unstuck! I can get a great blue spark but once the spark plug is screwed in it doesn't spark because its getting oil on it. I sanded it a few times lightly and screwed it back in yet keeps getting oil in it. I tipped the machine completely over and no oil came out. How should I remove this oil? I heard a chicken bastor lol but is that really my best bet?

TimSr
10-04-2012, 01:33 PM
If you spuirt a little gas in the plug hole, and pull the rope a few times, you'll rinse it into the exhaust where and it will blow out when it starts.

You're also going to need a new plug. If you reclean a plug, you have to get the white ceramic insulatror clean which you cannot do with sandpaper. Only sand/bead blasting works.

old-yellow
10-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the forum and i would do what Timsr said.

CodyRosa
10-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks old yellow! So I need a new one even though im still getting a big blue spark? Ill try the gas trick soon.. Is this normal gas or mixed? It is a two stroke.

generallee2005
10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Normal gas if you have the injection & are confident in it, Premix if you do not have the injector or are unconfident it works.

old-yellow
10-07-2012, 11:42 PM
i would use premix to flush it also i forgot to ask but is the oil getting on the spark plug is it 2-cycle oil or is it oil from tranny side of the motor because that could mean that it needs a crankshaft seal.

old-yellow
12-16-2012, 01:55 PM
hey CodyRosa did you ever get your YT running?

CodyRosa
12-16-2012, 03:04 PM
No I actually have not even tried haha. I just bought some more honda's yesterday though. I think my cousin wants to get that YT going so I may work on it soon.

CodyRosa
12-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey old yellow wanna buy my YT? =) I have all my wheelers for sale now except my 200x, I'll sell it pretty cheap. At least what I would think is cheap for a complete wheeler.. its just a basket case at the moment. So you could put it together or use it for parts.