PDA

View Full Version : Another 2 stroke that smokes....crap!

Xfile
10-06-2012, 07:14 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-Yamaha-Tri-Z-250-2-stroke-3-wheeler-Trike-Rare-Custom-Extended-Swingarm-/110960621935?pt=ATVs&hash=item19d5c4b96f#ht_1062wt_958 Why do these things always have to smoke.....must be the crank seals......there is no possible way it could be jetting/oil-gas ratio/oil quality, or the simple fact thats it's a 2 stroke and your mixing oil with the fuel that is being burnt in the combustion chamber, oh no....its a mechanics nightmare LOL.

wisconsinite
10-06-2012, 10:54 AM
is it me, or do the back fenders look like turned around warrior fenders?

Xfile
10-06-2012, 11:26 AM
is it me, or do the back fenders look like turned around warrior fenders? They could be...I have heard of people using warrior fenders, but not backwards. It does make me a bit nervous when someone says"i don't know whats wrong with it...it started to smoke" when there talking about a 2 stroke. I just assume they were running straight gas in it until someone told them it needed to be mixed with oil, so they proceeded to mix the gas with any random oil (such as atf) and are then confused when there machine produces on "odd exhaust smoke". Over-all it does look like a decent tri-z....I would lose the long swinger and turn it back in to a trail/ MX rig though.

dustrunner
10-06-2012, 09:23 PM
i agree with ya on the fenders, looks like warriors... ya, he says his uncle had it and dont know much about it.... maybe they know to get rid of ot quick....

yaegerb
10-06-2012, 11:26 PM
I contacted the guy, our conversation below.

From Me:
Hi There, Nice bike.
I wanted to comment on your ad. You do realize that your Tri-z is a two stroke and the gas and oil are mixed which means it will smoke. There is no way around this. If you want it to smoke less then mix your gas and oil 32.1. Just thought I would let you know. By the way, nice bike!

His Response:
yes i do realize that but thanks anyway. ive had 2 strokes all my life.

this one smokes excessively usually the smoke is so thick & white that you can barely see i caught it on a good day when i took the video because the crankcase oil is mixing with the fuel because the crank seals need to be replaced, i also brought it to my mechanic to verify it.

most of the time it just bogs out and stalls. and there is some oil that leaks on the ground too

sp8twn
10-07-2012, 12:40 AM
At 1500$ Buy it now!!!! Still Worth it!!(SMOKE AND ALL,LOL!!!) Good For Trikefeast Drags next year!!!:w00t:

Xfile
10-07-2012, 07:53 AM
I contacted the guy, our conversation below.

From Me:
Hi There, Nice bike.
I wanted to comment on your ad. You do realize that your Tri-z is a two stroke and the gas and oil are mixed which means it will smoke. There is no way around this. If you want it to smoke less then mix your gas and oil 32.1. Just thought I would let you know. By the way, nice bike!

His Response:
yes i do realize that but thanks anyway. ive had 2 strokes all my life.

this one smokes excessively usually the smoke is so thick & white that you can barely see i caught it on a good day when i took the video because the crankcase oil is mixing with the fuel because the crank seals need to be replaced, i also brought it to my mechanic to verify it.

most of the time it just bogs out and stalls. and there is some oil that leaks on the ground too Has anyone ever had this problem with crank seals? I guess I could see this happening.....most 2 strokes I have encountered with bad crank seals have either ran, but ran lean and caused engine damage or just wouldn't start without primer fuel being used (my guess would be because of a weak intake signal?) I have never experienced the massive oil intake issue, but it sounds possible..