PDA

View Full Version : Holy Schnikeys!!! Check out this moose!

Scootertrash
10-06-2012, 08:10 AM

1500 pounds, 73 inch spread, 10 inch beams at the bases on the antlers:

http://redoubtreporter.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/bully-into-record-books-giant-moose-bound-to-go-down-in-history/

Vealmonkey
10-06-2012, 10:09 AM
That's not a moose, it's something from Jurassic Park! LOL I'd hate to run into that on the road late at night.

Chazz of Blades
10-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I'd hate to run into that thing with a tank.

tri again
10-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Dad just called and said that it's 5 bucks to enter the lottery and 100 bucks for a tag if you get chosen.
Not sure if he was talking about upstate NY or Maine but the moose
has been protected for so long they just walk thru town and cause lots of crashes.

They don't seem to migrate like caribou so their populations are slowly
expanding west.

Mythbusters had a show about hitting moose with a car and they're so tall
that they typically hit the top of the windshield and collapse the roof.

Odd that backyard deer disappear THE day of hunting season and then come back to the
apple trees the day after the season closes.

Pretty sure they can read the brochures.

El Camexican
10-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Great post! I swear I almost hit one that big at night once in Ontario. I was in a full sized van and was staring at its nut sack as I skid past on the ice. They are massive beasts at any distance, but up close they are breath taking. As far as falling on the roof of cars, yea, they often do, but most people who are killed by them in collisions are not killed by the impact, but rather the kicking and thrashing that occures when they end up un the car. It happend to my friends mom and she was in the hospital ICU for weeks after.

Dirtcrasher
10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Thats like when (In Vermont) my buddy saw one and a lady stopped near us and said "GET THAT f-in CAR AS FAST AS YOU F-IN can!!" and that moose took down 4" diameter trees as it left the area......

tri again
10-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Anyone seen pix of the motorhomes that honk at moose blocking the road?

I'll go look for some.

YAMAHA_Jim
10-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Wow, Usually the guy holds the rack for the pic,not pose inside the rack,lol.
Sry, but this is all I have to compare.I dont feed these deer,they hangout in my yard and sometimes he peeks in my garage to see what i'm doing.I've already explained to him that his friendly personality will get him killed one day.His lil pubes on his head will mature and become more attractive to the guys in the orange vests.Cant shoot anything less than a 4 pointer where Im at in NY.155751