PDA

View Full Version : TRI-Z wrench report questions

adamszwheeler
10-07-2012, 08:03 PM
I am finally almost done with my resto on my 86 TRI-Z and want to do the stage 2 wrench report mods- ports, shaved head, 38mm carb. but I have a few questions-

1) Do I change my reed cage?- I was planning on using the IT250 intake with boost bottle port.

2) I bought a clutch kit- springs/ plates for a 1985-87 yz250 only to find out that the springs were a different part number after the fact- why? Do I just buy proper springs or can I run what came in the kit? Basically the entire clutch is the same Yamaha part numbers for both the Z and YZ for 85-86 with the exception of the springs.

3) I bought a DG pipe and silencer. DG among others recommend 2 over on the main jet as a good start. With the radical mods what jets do I start with safely?

4) I have read that with the stage 2 you loose some bottom end. Anyone know or even thought if this is due to the boost bottle no longer being big enough?

adamszwheeler
10-07-2012, 09:55 PM

I was also wondering if a larger boost bottle would solve some of the loss in bottom end is the IT250 bottle any larger? Any other help or suggestions would be welcomed as well. Here is a couple of pictures of what I have going on so far. Super stoked!