PDA

View Full Version : Trying to sell or trade my 83/84 250R Three-Wheelers... Price?

XXXStevemanXXX
10-08-2012, 12:55 PM
I have a pair of nice three wheelers. They are an 83 and an 84 250R's that both run, one has a 330 Kit and also with lots of extra parts included. I am trying to come up with a good price for the whole package of 2 bikes and the extra parts. I am not sure if linking my Craigslist ad is technically allowed, but I am very new to three wheelers and got them on trade, but actually wanted a street motorcycle instead. I ended up having to put $700 into them at the ATV Shop putting brand new top ends on both bikes, carbs, sprockets, and lots of other things just to get them both up and running well just so I can sell them :(

Is my asking price of $1500 or trade seem about right? You can take a look at the ad here; I am wondering from the experts that actually know about these things, since I really don't know what they are worth.

http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/mcy/3297971354.html

Alberta250r
10-08-2012, 05:55 PM
i would deffantly give you 1500 for those, id ask like 3 grand for the both of them, i also live in canada, but for 1500 bucks your gettin ripped off man,

dustrunner
10-08-2012, 05:58 PM
hi, and welcome.. im supprised the engine builder didnt fix the transmission for while rebuilding the engine ?? or has that happened sence the rebuilld ?

RIDE-RED 250r
10-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Hey there and welcome to 3ww.

What your trikes are worth varies greatly by location. Over here in my area, those trikes would likely be listed for about $1500 each. Not sure if they would bring that price coming into winter time here in the northeast.

I think your price is VERY reasonable. Maybe you should consider getting into the trikes?? Keep em a while, ride em a bit.. You may just fall in love!

I'm curious to know about the 330. I don't know alot about the ol' Air Hammers, but to my knowledge I thought the 300 was the only BB kit for them?? I could be wrong, so someone correct me if so..

M.Pargiello
10-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I will give 1,500 all day for them!

Bump that price up a little, they will still sell quick.

XXXStevemanXXX
10-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the replys guys. I actually haven't had any offers on them and I have had it up for about 2 weeks. It probably is just a bad time of year is all. I guess I will just have to wait until spring time and see what happens. I just paid the $700 to get them redone and they both ran great for the hour of testing. The next weekend, the stock 83 was hard to get into third gear and now I just have lost interest. The 84 with the "330" runs like a beast, and has no issues at all. I have had very little time on them riding, and a lot of time just spending money at the shop getting them going.

HondaRidr
10-09-2012, 09:40 PM
It is a 300 kit but could have the liquid R 330 piston in it.
Hey there and welcome to 3ww.

What your trikes are worth varies greatly by location. Over here in my area, those trikes would likely be listed for about $1500 each. Not sure if they would bring that price coming into winter time here in the northeast.

I think your price is VERY reasonable. Maybe you should consider getting into the trikes?? Keep em a while, ride em a bit.. You may just fall in love!

I'm curious to know about the 330. I don't know alot about the ol' Air Hammers, but to my knowledge I thought the 300 was the only BB kit for them?? I could be wrong, so someone correct me if so..

ezmoney1979
10-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Very fair priced to me, but air cooled 250rs are hard to sell here in Oregon. There was one listed on CL down the road from me last year. 83, mint condition, on OEM tires, and it sat there for months at $800. Good luck with your sale!

3wheelerjunky
10-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Those are some badas$ trikes I would not sell those but hey I was selling mine and I ended up really liking them and decided to keep um but that's just me:cool:

3wheelerjunky
10-10-2012, 12:08 AM
And I am new here how do u start threads or a topic if u can tell me pm me please
Rides
85 200s first 3wheeler
84 200x

CodyRosa
10-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Are these still for sale???? I live in minnesota but would pay to get them shipped if possible. We once shipped a topper for a vehicle so please let me know!

CodyRosa
10-10-2012, 12:23 AM
maybe even a roadtrip for me and my dad this weekend? lol