PDA

View Full Version : Your Call, Police Brutality or What?

coolpool
10-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Here's the scenario, kids are at a party, some under age, some legal. This is the third time the cops responded to this party. The guy on the ground (I'll call him 'Bob') is a friend of my son's and had dinner at our house that evening. Not a bad kid overall but definitely stretches the law sometimes. 'Bob' has his fifth wheel parked at the party as he planned on staying and not driving. 'Bob' is almost deaf. The cops broke up the party and told everyone to leave including the guys camping there. Bob told them he was over the limit, not driving and proceeded to walk to his trailer. The cops yelled at him to not walk away from them as they were'nt done. Remember Bob is almost deaf. One cop pulls his baton and knocks him down by smashing his leg, then pepper sprays him. The other ones jump on him to get the cuffs on. Does it look like he's resisting? Bob turns his head to say something and wham two boots to the face. The cop is now on desk duty pending investigation. I think it's over the top to what the cop did. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw4yakBlyGQ

El Camexican
10-11-2012, 12:36 AM
RCMP = Revenue Canada’s Money Pitbulls. A group of them tried to get me thrown in jail when I was 19 and again when I was 20 and were willing to perjure themselves to do it. Thank God for good lawyers, I hope this kid has one. No small part of why I'm down here now. The kid is lucky they didn't hurt him real bad. The worst part is yet to come. The followed me and my family around for a couple years after I won my court case and tried to set us up again. Please tell his family to be squeaky clean and not to travel alone at night. Worst thing is that it’s only a few of them. 99% of cops are great people, but when you give power like that to an idiot it’s a recipe for abuse. Even worse if there is a clique of them. There is no excuse to kick an unarmed guy in the face.

falloutboy
10-11-2012, 02:10 AM
pepper spraying a guy that is already on the ground, and then kicking him. seems like excessive force for walking away.

swampthang
10-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Judging just by the story you posted I would say that the kid has a great case against the Police department. But here is the question of the day. What would you do if you seen this happen? If you seen a cop savagely beating a kid for no real reason. Do you call the Police? Try to stop it? Who will Police the Police?

bkm
10-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Sorry man, there is absolutely no defending those actions. I only watched up to the point of him kicking him in the face and I need to see no further. That officer should be charged with assault and fired. A kick to the face could be considered lethal force and only in a lethal force situation can it be justified.

As a Police officer I'm ashamed to watch something like this because as$holes like this just makes my job that much harder.

I hope your friend gets justice and not a lifetime of harassment.

coolpool
10-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the input folks. I wondered what other officers think about this, thanks bkm! I'm by no means saying that 'Bob' didn't need to be dealt with, just that the actions were unwarranted. I fully expect responsibilty for ones actions; my son and his friends included. The Chief Inspector defends the actions by stating that there could've been a risk of injury to the officers by any means available to 'Bob'. I guess that means strong words when he was yelling at them, lol.

El Camexican
10-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Being that it happened in Canada "Bob" would be lucky to get a sorry out of the guy and I've got $10 bucks that says after $300,000 of tax dollars are spent on an investigation they will conclude that "Dudley Doright" was justified in his actions. They will say something about the camera angle making it look like he got kicked when what really happened was that “Bob” was trying to bite the officer’s foot. "Bob" will be charged with assaulting an officer and will not be able to get a passport, own a gun or get a good job and another crime will have been solved by the world’s most respected police force. Tell "Bob" to call me when he's ready to move down here.

coolpool
10-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Being that it happened in Canada "Bob" would be lucky to get a sorry out of the guy and I've got $10 bucks that says after $300,000 of tax dollars are spent on an investigation they will conclude that "Dudley Doright" was justified in his actions. They will say something about the camera angle making it look like he got kicked when what really happened was that “Bob” was trying to bite the officer’s foot. "Bob" will be charged with assaulting an officer and will not be able to get a passport, own a gun or get a good job and another crime will have been solved by the world’s most respected police force. Tell "Bob" to call me when he's ready to move down here.

Ha ha, you're probably right. His first hearing on the resisting arrest charge is on the 24th. I predict a deal to be offered by the Crown to drop assault charges on the cop if the Crown drops the resisting arrest charges. Let's see if I'm right. I think I'm ready to move down there too; will work for cheap!

wisconsinite
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
wow, unreal. arresting the guy, maybe. but kicking him in the face??? wtf

El Camexican
10-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I think I'm ready to move down there too; will work for cheap!

Bring your trikes! Lets ride!!!!:Bounce

kb0nly
10-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Absolute power corrupts absolutely... I have friends that are cops, the difference between them and some cops i know is when they get off work the cop side is shut off. The cops i know its their job, not their life, when they go home they are just Joe or Bob, when its time to clock in they are Officer Joe or Officer Bob, get what i am saying? They treat it like a job, which is what it is. Some of these guys make me sick. I can't count how many times i have had a squad car fly past me on the highway, no lights, no siren, not responding, just simply in a hurry to get somewhere and figures he is above the law.

I will say one thing in this case.. "Bob" was at least trying to do the right thing, having a place to sleep, not driving under the influence. But from what i have seen and read the system is so corrupt up there i am sure it will be as you say, a tradeoff to get the charges dropped. Cops here in the states get bad press to, and most of them just try to do a sometimes difficult job, but that doesn't mean they are all perfect by any means here either. But the more i read about corruption up north the more i wonder why Canadians aren't bugging out to the states... LOL

El Camexican
10-12-2012, 10:30 AM
pepper spraying a guy that is already on the ground, and then kicking him. seems like excessive force for walking away.

If you want to know about pepper spray and Canadians watch this video of our former Prime Minister. The punch line is at the end. By the way, I think he suffers from talking out of both sides of his mouth syndrome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWf2LLaHkM0