PDA

View Full Version : TRI-Z Yamaha parts cross reference

adamszwheeler
10-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I am working on restoring a 1986 TRI-Z and parts as everyone knows can be a nightmare for this bike. I am finally to the motor stage of my build and realized that I can not find my clutch arm anywhere. I have beating my head against the wall for days searching boxes that I know it wouldn't even be anywhere near. Can't find it so I did the quick Yamaha.com cross reference- YZ/ YTZ 1986 and Yamaha was giving me different part numbers. You can't search by part # on Yamaha.com, not that I have figured out anyway so I called a couple dealerships across the U.S that are supposed to specialize in vintage Yamaha parts and all they could tell me was it was a discontinued part, of course it is I figured that out first thing. Searched it up on eBay- 1 on there with the spring- $70 bucks but countless YZ clutch arms for about 10 bucks each plus shipping. After a few more days of beating my head against the wall wondering why they used a bike specific part when Yamaha nearly never does I come across "RONAYERS.COM". I type in the YTZ part # and come up with about 6 bikes over the span of 7 years that used this part including don't you know it the 85-86 YZ250. Thanks for the miss print Yamaha, that was awesome! Anyway my point is if you are looking for parts try RONAYERS.COM to figure out what other bikes used the part you are looking for. It looks like they only deal with motor cycles so you might not be able to see what other machines used your rear brake master but a home run for motor parts!!! Hope this helps someone out there. Let me know if there are other sites like this but where you can see all the Yamaha cross over parts and what exactly they used them on- search by part # would be best.

bowtieboy
10-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Ive used this old thread a few times:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/16277-parts-that-inter-change-with-TRI-Z-250