PDA

View Full Version : need some help yamaha carb question

ShadowFox
10-12-2012, 03:57 AM
ok so heres the problem i have a ytm225dr engine (with exhaust upgrade) and dont have the original carb but i do have a yfm200dx carb, i'm concerned that since the 200 is a smaller engine the carb wouldn't supply enough fuel for the 225 without being re-jeted

heres where it gets confusing to the manual says the 200dx has a bigger main than the 225... is this right or am i reading it wrong ? should it be good to run as is ?

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu307/ShadowFox-7/Reference/Untitledjet.png

muthey
10-12-2012, 10:36 PM
that is correct it does have a bigger main jet, you can try to run the carb as is, but you may have to lean it down or richen it up as you have an after market exhaust on there. Once you change things from stock it's a trial and error process to get it dialed in right

ShadowFox
10-13-2012, 01:09 AM
what about the needle jet being a different size. what does that effect exactly ? ive never done this type of thing so sorry for all the questions

also: i cant find a replacement N-8 needle jet for this carb anywhere and its obsolete on the Yamaha parts site as are most of the parts i'd need to make it the same as the 225