PDA

View Full Version : well, i'll be... again?

Jon Boy
10-13-2012, 01:18 PM
woke up this morning and took my normal walk around the yard and found my truck broken into. first thing i saw was my helmet laying on the ground and i wasn't fully awake yet, but i was awake now though. they went through the rear slider to get the doors open. nothing looks to be stolen, but they had rummaged through the whole truck. called the police and got it reported. i'm hoping it was just some kid/kids being mischievous, but then again who knows. got a couple game cameras up after having my 125 stolen, guess it looks like i should've put up a couple extra cameras near my truck while i was at it. :mad:

Vealmonkey
10-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear that. I would offer suggestions, but some tend to call me an extremist. Best of luck. I hope you get the Rat Bastards that are responsible.

Jon Boy
10-13-2012, 02:42 PM
thanks veal, but just venting a rant. you a bit of an extremist? na, they must be thinking of someone else. :lol:
i just gotta let some steam off somehow. :beer

swampthang
10-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Man that sux! Do you think it might have been the 125 thief returning? I would suggest taking EVERYTHING that is not bolted down and move it into your garage or house and lock it up good. I try not to leave anything in my vehicles if they are somewhere where I have to park outside. The less they see the less interest. Sad thing is it's getting that time of year where mischieve seems to spark into young kids minds with halloween and all. Game cam is a great idea. I would also get a few signs that say video surveillance and put them up around your yard.

Jon Boy
10-13-2012, 04:44 PM
no it's not him, he's sitting in the state prison in Marion right now for stealing someone elses quad. :lol:
the officer and myself are thinking the same thing most likey some kids getting rambunctious. bad part is no garage, i park my truck out back just off the alleyway and it is a high traffic area with the local video store at the other end of the block. those signs would probibly get stolen along with the cameras knowing my luck. :rolleyes: :lol:

swampthang
10-13-2012, 05:30 PM
those signs would probibly get stolen along with the cameras knowing my luck. :rolleyes: :lol:

I once had the idea of hiding game cams in "bird houses" because a very nosie old man and his family wouldn't keep there arses off a peice of property that I owned. Never went ahead with it though. But it seemed like a good way to hide them to me.:wondering

Good news about the 125 thief too. Just as I said in your original post about the robbery it was just amatter of time before he screwed up again. People never change.

Jon Boy
10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
HA! just scored one for the good guys i think. saw a shady looking guy walking down the street and something told me to watch him. the guy walked across the street to a neighbors house and was looking through the mailbox. a car came down the street and the guy stopped what he was doing and started walking down the street again. well with the crap that has been going on around here i wasn't going to forget it. called the police and with-in about 15-20mins the police were back at my house asking if i could identify the guy because they had him in the back of their squad car. it was the guy and they hauled him off. i do worry a bit about the guy maybe coming back to get back at me for for getting him busted, but i figure they know who he is and if anything does happen around here he'd be one of the first people they'd look at.

i hate to call the police on people, but damn it i'm getting sick of this crap. still though, it feels good to know this time the person didn't just get away. :w00t: :Bounce

Dirtcrasher
10-19-2012, 12:00 AM
HA! just scored one for the good guys i think. saw a shady looking guy walking down the street and something told me to watch him. the guy walked across the street to a neighbors house and was looking through the mailbox. a car came down the street and the guy stopped what he was doing and started walking down the street again. well with the crap that has been going on around here i wasn't going to forget it. called the police and with-in about 15-20mins the police were back at my house asking if i could identify the guy because they had him in the back of their squad car. it was the guy and they hauled him off. i do worry a bit about the guy maybe coming back to get back at me for for getting him busted, but i figure they know who he is and if anything does happen around here he'd be one of the first people they'd look at.

i hate to call the police on people, but damn it i'm getting sick of this crap. still though, it feels good to know this time the person didn't just get away. :w00t: :Bounce

I absolutely agree. Everyone is scared to call the cops, I see it in my business all the time. But ,they complain over and over. I tell them to keep it to themselves so I can ignore it........

kb0nly
10-19-2012, 01:03 AM
If they prosecute him correctly you won't see him for a while.... Messing with mail is a Federal offense not just a local petty crime. Make sure if you get called to testify you go fry his butt in court...

I caught a guy messing with mailboxes about two years ago, i put a security camera on my house aimed at the driveway and mailbox just in case, i went out one day to get the mail and saw him messing with a neighbors mailbox, neighbors i know well enough to know he doesn't live there. Got him arrested, he went down on federal charges and is in the state pen for 10-15. He was stealing identities with bits of mail he got. I have one camera on my property you can see, its intentional as its an old school security camera housing, the rest you will never know they are there until your in court.