PDA

View Full Version : so who's got the messiest garage?

wisconsinite
10-13-2012, 02:05 PM
so i need to change the tranny in my truck, and to do so i needed to clean the pigsty a bit so it would accomadate a ford ranger. pretty sad, considering the garage is 20x40 :lol:.
man i see pics of some guys' garages and they are immaculate, then i look at mine and hang my head. anyone else a slob like me?

http://imageshack.us/a/img688/2024/121012004.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img401/6016/121012003.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/4756/121012002.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/1643/121012001.jpg

p.s. this is AFTER i cleaned:cry:

bkm
10-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Slob here. Its pretty shameful to tell you the truth.

rjs89ia
10-13-2012, 02:28 PM
I let my garage get pretty thrashed. I never want to work out there cause its a mess then when I spend all day cleaning it and by the time I'm finsihed I'll step back look at it in all its glamour then I start digging stuff out again to work in all the open space then the mess its back. Its a vicous cycle.

Vealmonkey
10-13-2012, 02:30 PM
What are you complaining about? I have a suspension 70 in my front room, a suspension 185s in my kitchen and Tiger parts upstairs! LOL I hate to tell you about my basement let alone the mess in my garage. Even though it consists of a Tiger 250 and a couple Nicholsons. At least I have a quality mess. That doesn't include my 57 chevy parts, my harley parts and my VW parts! LOL And I can get sworn testimony from several members on here if need be!!!!! Needless to say I'm single.

YAMAHA_Jim
10-13-2012, 06:48 PM
That gas can in the top pic, Wanna sell the spout? I've had the same 2 cans like that one for over 20 yrs,cracked the spout on one a few yrs ago and refuse to throw away my favorite gas can,still looking. I hate all the new gas cans with the safety non spill,non pouring spouts. My garage is equally as messy too :)

wisconsinite
10-13-2012, 08:15 PM
That gas can in the top pic, Wanna sell the spout? I've had the same 2 cans like that one for over 20 yrs,cracked the spout on one a few yrs ago and refuse to throw away my favorite gas can,still looking. I hate all the new gas cans with the safety non spill,non pouring spouts. My garage is equally as messy too :)

sorry, but gotta go with NO WAY!! :lol: i know exactly what you mean, i've got 2 gas cans with that nozzle, been looking for anther one for years!! one has the strap that holds the little cover broke, been like that for years, i cant believe i haven't lost it yet.

nice to know i'm not the only piggy here:beer

Scootertrash
10-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Slob here too.

stickinto3wheel
10-13-2012, 09:11 PM
I have a 40x60 morten building full of useful clutter between tractor torn apart and the three wheeler in pieces an the classic cars an my metal work tools and tool chests. Im always cleanin to work on a project parts of my floor i haven't seen in years

110 atc
10-13-2012, 09:56 PM
I could help you clean it out starting with your 70 and 110.

wisconsinite
10-13-2012, 10:00 PM
I could help you clean it out starting with your 70 and 110.

yeah, but your garage is so neat it's kinda creepy. you don't want more trikes clutering it up :lol:

El Camexican
10-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Needless to say I'm single.

Glad you clarified that. After reading just 1/2 of your post I was wondering about that and also thinking to ask if she had a sister that would let me get away with putting trikes in the house too!

Xpress
10-14-2012, 10:16 AM
I am 50/50 on the subject. Half the time my workshop HAS to be clean (seeing as how I don't actually have a garage) and the other half it's a mess that I don't care to clean up. Same goes for everywhere else. Working on changing those odds to 100% clean/organized (because who doesn't hate not finding your screwdriver?), just so much nicer when you have your buddies over and they're jealous of how clean/organized you are :lol:

Howdy
10-14-2012, 07:00 PM
I hate to say it but that garage is clean compared to our shop. You have to see to believe it. Pictures wouldn't do justice ( and it's shamefull ).
We bought a few tons of stuff earlier this year ( a few different dealings ) and can't get out there enough to organize and start selling stuff. Imagine a 40-64 building and not enough room to put 3 more 200x's in there ( not even parked on the grab bar ). Stuff stacked 4-6' high boxes, barrels, totes, machines, ect. It's pittyful!!
Howdy

atc007
10-14-2012, 09:34 PM
I hate to say it but that garage is clean compared to our shop. You have to see to believe it. Pictures wouldn't do justice ( and it's shamefull ).
We bought a few tons of stuff earlier this year ( a few different dealings ) and can't get out there enough to organize and start selling stuff. Imagine a 40-64 building and not enough room to put 3 more 200x's in there ( not even parked on the grab bar ). Stuff stacked 4-6' high boxes, barrels, totes, machines, ect. It's pittyful!!
Howdy

Ditto here Howdy. It happens. Too much stuff. Even if organized. My barn was always spotless, Our house is. My shop was when I was in business. But ,they have fallen by the way side badly... Someday I'll get things squared away.. I hope.

atc350xer
10-14-2012, 09:47 PM
That gas can in the top pic, Wanna sell the spout?
There's a gas can in that pic? Kinda like "Where's Waldo?" :lol: Your garage is cleaner than mine though!

wisconsinite
10-15-2012, 06:42 PM
There's a gas can in that pic? Kinda like "Where's Waldo?" :lol: Your garage is cleaner than mine though!

holy crap i almost spit soda all over my keyboard!! :lol: :lol:

code200k
10-15-2012, 08:09 PM
tranny swap in a Ranger? wouldnt happen to be missing first gear would ya?

wisconsinite
10-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Nope, 5th and reverse keep jamming up. Bent shift fork i think. I'd like to throttle the guy who designed the clutch system

code200k
10-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Nope, 5th and reverse keep jamming up. Bent shift fork i think. I'd like to throttle the guy who designed the clutch system
atleast yours isnt an automatic.I have to start in 2nd and shift into drive.thinking its the valve body.Good luck.I wanna know who is in charge of the frames

tri again
10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
clean carpet and a shade tree here.

The orchard looks like a bury patch of trikedom.
Maybe some headstones for holloween are in order.

I LIVE in my garage and rent the house out so I can afford to live here.
The trikes are usually outside, on the front and back porch
except for random carbs on the kitchen stove.

El Camexican
10-15-2012, 11:49 PM
You guys are amazing! I can’t stand clutter. I can handle a mess in the middle of a thrash, but I’ll also stop every once in a while and clean up in the middle of a project and then start again. I think shop floors should be either painted or tiled and tools should be polished and stored in some sort of pattern that reduces search time. I keep all my spare parts and specialty tools for each vehicle in sealed tubs and I toss anything I can’t foresee myself using or giving away before I die. I’m not shy about making a mess, but when the task is done I’ve been known to pull the light bulbs out of the sockets and wash the dust off them. This thread scares me! :eek:

hoosierlogger
10-16-2012, 05:21 AM
This thread has inspired me. I spent 4 hours cleaning the big stuff out of the garage yesterday. Now there is room for 2 or 3 people to stand in there. I have about 5 more hours of cleaning on the bench. and some re organization of the floor space. If I could just put parts on the shelves or in the trash when I am done with them would stop alot of this. The garage is my get away in the winter and spring when work is slow. Not much goes on out there in the summer, it is just too dang hot. I am slowly getting it back though. Just a few more trips to the dump and Ill be good for another year. LOL

I have to get this licked, I have a couple of fun projects I want to work on this winter.

El Camexican
10-16-2012, 09:00 AM
This thread has inspired me. I spent 4 hours cleaning the big stuff out of the garage yesterday. Now there is room for 2 or 3 people to stand in there. I have about 5 more hours of cleaning on the bench. and some re organization of the floor space. If I could just put parts on the shelves or in the trash when I am done with them would stop alot of this. The garage is my get away in the winter and spring when work is slow. Not much goes on out there in the summer, it is just too dang hot. I am slowly getting it back though. Just a few more trips to the dump and Ill be good for another year. LOL

I have to get this licked, I have a couple of fun projects I want to work on this winter.

Before and after pics please! Come on guys, you can do this! Every time you pick something up off the floor ask yourself “I need this because" and if the answer evades you it’s time to toss it. Trust me, I know about this. My dad kept his old sparkplugs and stuck thermostats on a shelf over the workbench, drove me bat poop NUTS!!!

hoosierlogger
10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Before and after pics please! Come on guys, you can do this! Every time you pick something up off the floor ask yourself “I need this because" and if the answer evades you it’s time to toss it. Trust me, I know about this. My dad kept his old sparkplugs and stuck thermostats on a shelf over the workbench, drove me bat poop NUTS!!!

Sorry it's too late for before pics but I'm still working on it right now. I'm working on the bench and when I get that done hopefully I can start on my 70 motor Bottom end swap. I had a motor with a bad crank and I bought a junk bike for parts and it has a awesome looking bottom end.

Edit: I got the motors, out and torn down. I was hoping to have it in and running tonight, but I dont have a base gasket. On a nice clean bench I might add!!! LOL

atc350xer
10-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Now there is room for 2 or 3 people to stand in there.
:lol: That made me laugh for real... that's how I measure how full MY garage is!