PDA

View Full Version : YTM200 right wheel too close to exhaust...

Latitude42
10-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Hey everybody, just picked up a 83 YTM200.. the PO put new tires on it, the right rear is CLOSE to muffler, like 1/8".
Any ideas on how to get some distance on that???
Thanks!!

ShadowFox
10-15-2012, 05:47 AM
seems normal mines also like that, you can see it rubs the muffler sometimes really doesn't affect anything though
if you swapped to blaster rims and hubs that might add some space, then you could run wheel spacer if you wanted

MonroeMike
10-15-2012, 06:32 AM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/146414-rear-wheel-spacers-for-a-yamaha-3-lug?p=1145183#post1145183

Latitude42
10-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Hey,
thanks, I'll give that a try today.
Just ordered a decompression cable (need it, it's going to be my wife's bike) and need to clean or rebuild carb. It pours out gas while sitting still, sounds like some dirt might have gotten in the needle & seat.
After that it should be good to go.....
Looking for a back rack also, any ideas???

Thanks again!!!!

El Camexican
10-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Hey,
thanks, I'll give that a try today.
Just ordered a decompression cable (need it, it's going to be my wife's bike) and need to clean or rebuild carb. It pours out gas while sitting still, sounds like some dirt might have gotten in the needle & seat.
After that it should be good to go.....
Looking for a back rack also, any ideas???

Thanks again!!!!

Order a new needle and seat. I don't know why, but they just don't last long and cleaning is a temporary fix. You will also want to order a new bowl gasket and take the pilot jet out and clean it while you are in there. Used racks are still out there, but I've never seen one complete with all the hardware for sale. By the time you buy a rack and pay for all the hardware it might get expensive.

Keepah Rolln
10-15-2012, 06:53 PM
my 1983 is the same way..