PDA

View Full Version : 200x intake questions

jwilz
10-15-2012, 05:15 PM
I've been restoring my 84 200x and i'm putting the intake box and all back together now and i was wondering what if any changes or mods people do as far as the box and boot. I've heard of drilling wholes in the box lid? I'm pretty much stock on the whole bike as far as engine mods. And i also noticed that the boot or whatever u wanna call it, the last bit of rubber thats like 4 inches and comes out the front of the box, connects to the spine of the frame? Seems weird to me. I know u wanna keep it clean in there and i'd have to imagine the 28 year old inside frame part right there not being all that clean. Just curious if thats how most guys run it or if theres advantages on running without it or having it setup different.

hoosierlogger
10-15-2012, 05:48 PM
I run mine in the stock configuration, I have no complaints. If it is running a little rich, you can take the lid off or drill holes in the cover. The down side to the holes or leaving the lid off is water is more likely to find its way in to the filter if you do alot of creek riding.

jwilz
10-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Yea that's what I was leaning toward. Running it stock. I just thought the hookup to the spine of the frame was a lil weird but it does make it more waterproof

hoosierlogger
10-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Yep it puts the air intake up a little farther up out of the water and mud.

Z_Silas
10-18-2012, 10:37 PM
I kept mine stock. Ride with the lid off for a little extra and just put it back on when it gets wet or muddy out.