PDA

View Full Version : First wreck

Atc-Taylor
10-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Last weekend in Michigan at the Baldwin ride, I finally spilled the beans. The bike was unharmed, but during riding at the little O trail, I smacked a tree with my knee and ran over my own leg upon putting it down <I know, never ever do it..> Eric was so kind in the sense of very shortly after, proceeded to take pictures of me laying on the ground lying in pain. Mr. Garry Crum was so kind as to contribute to the photo as well. Pics soon to follow. Lol. With that being said. I'm walking normal but the bones still hurt some.

How did your first wrecks happen?

ditchmud
10-15-2012, 08:48 PM
While heading out for a ride on my newly aquired '83 250r (great beginner trike i know) I was attempting to cross a busy road in a hurry. I gave it a lot of throttle popping a wheelie. The left rear tire pressure was lower than the right and the trike veered left into a road sighn!

Atc-Taylor
10-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Roadsign ftw!

spentar
10-15-2012, 09:20 PM
im only 15 and had a couple but, I was riding my first race quad (raptor 250) on a local trail with plenty of bumps and puddles. I was putting along in 4rth gear and saw a deer in the distance and said ok thats cool, then all the sudden I hit the biggest puddle on the trail and flipped over and landed on my head. I walked away after about 5 mins of laying there and only the handlebars and steerign stem got bent. I got rid of that quad and ride my ds450 now.

remsandpets
10-15-2012, 09:35 PM
While not my first, and not having both hands available for steering and breaking. I missed a shift going up a hill this weekend and before I knew what happened I was under my 200. Trike unharmed, my ribs from a bar stab are a bit bruised. Along with the ego.. Sure not to be the last.

Atc-Taylor
10-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Keep em coming.

tri again
10-16-2012, 02:36 AM
A few hundred yards from the house and wouldn't you know it,
I got off the trike and the neighbors dog had crapped in the grass
I slipped on it, dislocated my kneecap as I got off the trike.

Not MY dog, he says, goes waaaay over there.

Crutches for 3 weeks and it still hurts when it rains.

No bragging rights, no cool story, but hey, you asked.

M.Pargiello
10-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Did not know you could ride at little O.

I thought on the DNR website it was listed as a dual sport only trail. I'll have to check it out.

Atc-Taylor
10-16-2012, 04:54 PM
A few hundred yards from the house and wouldn't you know it,
I got off the trike and the neighbors dog had crapped in the grass
I slipped on it, dislocated my kneecap as I got off the trike.

Not MY dog, he says, goes waaaay over there.

Crutches for 3 weeks and it still hurts when it rains.

No bragging rights, no cool story, but hey, you asked.

Shitty luck.. Ha. But really. Talk about a sore ego too.

keister
10-16-2012, 05:14 PM
First wreck, Taylor?? I could swear I watched you run a 400X into a fence a couple years ago. Glad to hear you are (mostly) ok.

Swinger
10-16-2012, 05:37 PM
I crashed and burned this past weekend at Air MX. Twist throttle and severe arm pump is a deadly combo! I forgot to hook my teather switch to me so the trike stayed running and I jumped up and back on the gas and in the race again. Wish someone had some videos of it.

JasonB
10-16-2012, 07:00 PM
lol pick a ride I can name an accident I have had ;)

Seriously it was scary to see you on the ground when I rolled up, i was pretty surprised to see you crying and eric trying to make you laugh lol my gf would have kicked my ass for laughing. Good pictures were taken though hahahahahahahahahahhhh.

ctk
10-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Taylor I think you crashed on purpose so you could finally get new rear fenders. Lol. Glad your alright. I practically fell off my bike when I stopped on that berm.

Atc-Taylor
10-19-2012, 09:19 AM
First wreck, Taylor?? I could swear I watched you run a 400X into a fence a couple years ago. Glad to hear you are (mostly) ok.
Why yes, I almost forgot that! But this was my first spill. Like hardcore I was hurt wreck. That was just stupidity running into the fence. Lol

Atc-Taylor
10-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Seriously it was scary to see you on the ground when I rolled up, i was pretty surprised to see you crying and eric trying to make you laugh lol my gf would have kicked my ass for laughing. Good pictures were taken though hahahahahahahahahahhhh.

Ya...It hurt really bad. Still getting me if I sit down to fast or put weight on it like I'm sitting on it. Other than that, walking normally. And yes, it was uncalled for, but he did ask if I was okay at first. But then again. That's Eric...lol

ps2fixer
10-21-2012, 08:56 AM
My first wreck was on a trx125 when I was like 14 and didn't know any better. To give a quick back story, I had a little experence on a 98 350 warrior that was my dad's boss's, but I never went crazy since I never rode anything off road before besides in junk cars :). Anyway, most of you probably know the 125 has no suspension.... I didn't know any better, so I was going way too fast for my skill/trail over some whoopie doos and it did the front tire hit, wheelie, back tire hits and throws you thing. I landed and put my feet up just as the machine was trying to tip onto me. Broke my unkle's horn that was on it (model A style I think where you squeeze it), but I was unharmed and the rest of the machine was fine.

First real three wheeler wreck I would say my 350x like a week ago (after ~10 years of riding now lol). Fresh new machine to me, did 1/2 a donut in the sand and it grabbed and bucked me off. First wreck on a ATC to actualy be hurt a little (hit my tail bone).

Only other one I can think of was on a 350 warrior of my dad's (99, year after his boss's lol), basics were I was jumping it and my foot slipped off the foot peg when I landed and it ran up my leg. Didn't really hurt me much. Same machine, same hill, same leg, same machine and my dad twisted his ancle around backwards on it. That put him down for around 5-6 months.

russ98atc
10-21-2012, 09:23 AM
My first wreck was on 99 xr 100. I dont know why but i got close to my dads tractor and my foot peg clipped the side of his bucket. The bike did a couple flips but i only bent the bars. I got the wind knocked out of me and a couple minor scrapes and bruises. But i learned that day not to get close to heavy machinery. That was probably my worst crash.

hondadozer3851
10-22-2012, 12:31 PM
A couple weeks ago I went on a dice run with my 85 350x as I was goin down a steep hill my hand slipped and tapped the throttle and noticed there was a pretty big drop off in front of me I didn't hit the brakes in time and dropped about 12 ft hit a pipe. When I got up there were about 12 ppl standing around asking if I was OK I flipped my bike back over and it started 2nd kick they had to pull me out with a rope.

ATC-Eric
10-22-2012, 12:55 PM
;)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n73/ericbs200/PA060304.jpg

First time I ended up under a bike was my 200s, wheeling up a hill in low gear and it went passed 12. I got out of the throttle, and just sat there standing straight up and down for a couple seconds, and it came back on me.

ctk
10-23-2012, 08:24 PM
lol. funny thing is gary was not smiling about 10 minutes later.

ATC-Eric
11-12-2012, 01:04 PM
lol. funny thing is gary was not smiling about 10 minutes later.

LOL

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n73/ericbs200/PA060306.jpg

ctk
11-12-2012, 10:50 PM
That was about to be an awesome ride. Thanks a lot Gary. Between that chain and the car key incident what a day. Lol

tri again
11-13-2012, 06:10 AM
SHEER stupidity here.

I usually leave the 250es in gear while working, hooking stuff up getting on and off
100 times a day.
Wouldn't you know it?
As I climbed back onto the trike, my foot hit the throttle and the trike took off without me
but spun me around, dropped me to the ground and ran over my foot with those lovely balloon softies.

No pain that I recall.
Is that a requirement?