PDA

View Full Version : What no-one ever wants to hear. Especially trike lovers.

Cornholio
10-16-2012, 09:06 PM
So, Last night. 10-15-12. I got out of the shower at about 6:30 - 7:00 pm. I thought my dad went outside to shut the garage door already, So i went to go watch tv for a while. I thought... todays been kinda wierd. Then i thought i better just go check if the garage door is shut. So i ran outside. (it was maybe 8:30 - 8:35)
It was pretty dark outside. I got home just before 6:30 And my 1984 200x was still sitting in the garage looking all pretty. Anyways, i walked outside. and looked and say the garage door wasnt closed.. I thought. (come on dad? seriously?!) i walk up and use my ipod as a flashlight to see if it was there. Nope. My jaw Literally just about hit the ground. I went and check the other side to see if my dad moved it. Nope. It was gone. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/images/smilies/icon_evil.gif http://www.3wheelerworld.com/images/smilies/icon_cry.gifSo i ran inside the house and ran straight into my dad. And I said. trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro!!!!! its gone!! We ran outside and yep. sure enough it wasnt sitting there. So we hopped in the car and drove around looking for it then we called the police. When the police got there we found tracks every where from pushing it and a ton of footprints. He took pictures, and i thought i was in a nightmare. I gave him the registration, and 5 months ago i was smart enough to right the serial number down the day we got it. I had tons of pictures of it on my ipod, so i emailed him the pictures and he said it helped alot

Now i was thinking about how much fun ive had on the machine. It hurts alot. It takes a special kind of low to take a 14 year old boys pride and joy.

I hate people. Alot.

archman
10-16-2012, 09:13 PM
sorry to hear that. i leave my two 200's in the back yard all the time. hope it don't happen to me or anyone else. important just waiting on winter to completely rebuilt my two.

wisconsinite
10-16-2012, 09:14 PM
that sucks man, hope it turns up and in one piece.

Cornholio
10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Yeah, Lots of emotional pain on this one. But if someone tried to ride it i hope they kill themselves. Plus it was a smoker if you know what i mean. I ran it out of oil the day before.

kb0nly
10-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Post up the VIN number and some pictures, describe any identifying marks also please!!!

This day in age they rarely steal them to keep them, they usually steal them to part them out and sell them off. I have ran across trikes and atv's parked in barns for years that ended up being stolen a long time ago and i had to walk away from them. So its possible it might show up!

You might also want to send an email over to Mr Twisted in St Cloud, he is one of the biggest trike buyers and sellers in the state.

JasonB
10-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Well that sucks

Cornholio
10-16-2012, 11:50 PM
heres what pictures i have. 156277156278156279156280156281156282 Those were the most recent.

Mack
10-16-2012, 11:56 PM
That really sucks man. when I was 13 my brother and I had a blaster, 300ex, and a 4x4 trx450 stolen from our garage. The dumb asses got pulled over riding them home later that night and ran away through a cornfield and we got em back from the impound the next day. A year later or so the blaster and 300ex were stolen again and after driving around town my dad spotted them a couple days later and the police recovered them from the thief's garage.

I understand just how livid this can make a guy but I just wanted you to keep in mind that there is hope in getting it back. Unfortunately for bad guys, luck is often in favor of the victim and things work out. Anyways, Im real sorry to hear about this but be persistent (especially for the next couple of days) in cruising around your area and checking local craigslist postings. It sounds like someone either knew you had it or saw it sitting in the garage so chances are it is close by for the time being.

Good luck brother, Mack

Cornholio
10-17-2012, 12:01 AM
That really sucks man. when I was 13 my brother and I had a blaster, 300ex, and a 4x4 trx450 stolen from our garage. The dumb asses got pulled over riding them home later that night and ran away through a cornfield and we got em back from the impound the next day. A year later or so the blaster and 300ex were stolen again and after driving around town my dad spotted them a couple days later and the police recovered them from the thief's garage.

I understand just how livid this can make a guy but I just wanted you to keep in mind that there is hope in getting it back. Unfortunately for bad guys, luck is often in favor of the victim and things work out. Anyways, Im real sorry to hear about this but be persistent (especially for the next couple of days) in cruising around your area and checking local craigslist postings. It sounds like someone either knew you had it or saw it sitting in the garage so chances are it is close by for the time being.

Good luck brother, Mack This kind of thing makes me happier to hear. I bought this machine with my own money, i worked half the summer to get the money just to have the motor repaired. ive got a bout a month total time into this. and now i get this.... Me and my dad check craigslist and ebay all the time.. I live in the brainerd area. I think it might be someone my age thats been to my house. because they snuck it out behind the shop next to my house, and from there mustve loaded it up into a truck and took off. but the police have a ton of info on it, neighbors never saw anything. So i dont know what to think.

sp8twn
10-17-2012, 12:19 AM
That really sucks man!! Hope yuo find it!!

rjs89ia
10-17-2012, 12:26 AM
sorry about your trike definately something we all dread, i've got the baby monitor in my garage and i make sure that they're going to have to make noise if they want to steal my stuff. the whole property that i rent is fenced and gated so if anyone does break in to my garage ill meet them at the half way point (my front door) between the gate and the garage with my AR. i do cringe at the thought of someone stealing my wheelers but at the same time i dare them to try, being that im in arizona its kind of a shoot ask questions later thing thats not all true but if someone poses a threat too you here on your home ground they better be prepared to die for it. i hope you can get your trike tracked down or some kind of justice can be served.

gus
10-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Post up the VIN number and some pictures, describe any identifying marks also please!!!

This day in age they rarely steal them to keep them, they usually steal them to part them out and sell them off. I have ran across trikes and atv's parked in barns for years that ended up being stolen a long time ago and i had to walk away from them. So its possible it might show up!

You might also want to send an email over to Mr Twisted in St Cloud, he is one of the biggest trike buyers and sellers in the state.

He's correct. Start looking on Craigslist to see if any parts of your trike show up that you may now also check eBay sorry man that does suck!

Cornholio
10-17-2012, 09:30 PM
So, today in school a kid that kinda bullys me around had his feet up on the table when i had my ipod out while i was looking at the pictures of the footprints we found. You can guess the rest. Ill have to tell my dad, and the police. I talked to him yesterday and he said that the neighbors said that they didnt see anything suspicious and that the cop already checked the kids house that im talking about. But most times they hide it somewheres else than there house. So idk. Ill keep you guys posted

just ben
10-17-2012, 10:50 PM
So, today in school a kid that kinda bullys me around had his feet up on the table when i had my ipod out while i was looking at the pictures of the footprints we found. You can guess the rest. Ill have to tell my dad, and the police. I talked to him yesterday and he said that the neighbors said that they didnt see anything suspicious and that the cop already checked the kids house that im talking about. But most times they hide it somewheres else than there house. So idk. Ill keep you guys postedI'm not that good of a guesser,did you get beat up? sorry about the trike BTW.

Cornholio
10-17-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm not that good of a guesser,did you get beat up? sorry about the trike BTW. lol. Im not as small of a kid as you think lol. 156322156323 Me on my dads 250r, and an old picture of my baby.

kb0nly
10-18-2012, 12:03 AM
I would lean on that bully hard til he squeals....

Cornholio
10-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Ive dropped him before. Hes not very big lol, tons of kids have beat him up. so i think its just his ego thats remotely threatening. but i know he was jealous of it and his brother that had killed himself had a 350x. so... yea.. Oh wait now i see what u meant... Ive got friends and they were talking to him about it and he said " For the record, i dont have it" But my question is, if you dont have it, why are your footprints all over the place where it was stolen?

74sickness
10-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Me being 17 and you being a little younger i feel for you man. If anyone touched my 200x without me being there i would kill them. Hope you find it bro!!!

Cornholio
10-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Serial number is JH3TB0525EK30573
Not sure if the first 0 is a zero or an O

kb0nly
10-18-2012, 11:48 PM
We will keep looking, at least i know i will for sure! If it pops up online it will be spotted.

Cornholio
10-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Thanks dude.

dustrunner
10-19-2012, 09:35 AM
hope your gaining ground on finding it... axxholes that steal will rott in hell....

swampthang
10-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear your bike was stolen. Now lets get down to the facts. Ok this kid you have suspicion of when was the last time he messed with you before the robbery? Has he been acting wierd or paying more attention to you after the robbery? If you steal an ATV you prolly stole it for 1 or 2 reasons. 1 is to sell the other reason is to ride. Start asking people in his nieghbor hood if they have seen your bike. Also you said there was other footprints? Who does this kid hang out with? Start watching them and there houses. Was there anything else of value in this shed? If so why didn't they take it as well? If there was valuables there for the taking and they wanted your bike instead it sounds like a personal attack on you. Which leads to someone you know that dosent like you. Hope this helps you out in someway.

Cornholio
10-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear your bike was stolen. Now lets get down to the facts. Ok this kid you have suspicion of when was the last time he messed with you before the robbery? Has he been acting wierd or paying more attention to you after the robbery? If you steal an ATV you prolly stole it for 1 or 2 reasons. 1 is to sell the other reason is to ride. Start asking people in his nieghbor hood if they have seen your bike. Also you said there was other footprints? Who does this kid hang out with? Start watching them and there houses. Was there anything else of value in this shed? If so why didn't they take it as well? If there was valuables there for the taking and they wanted your bike instead it sounds like a personal attack on you. Which leads to someone you know that dosent like you. Hope this helps you out in someway. we had guns, bikes, and 5 other 3 wheelers. I was walking down the hallway and he said he didnt have it. No-one even knew it was stolen then. So i think its kinda suspicious. and there was more than 1 set of footprints. and that kid commented on a picture of it a few days before and asked "is that the 200", and i didnt respond. plus that kids stolen a bike from me before then told me where it was later.

swampthang
10-19-2012, 11:33 AM
we had guns, bikes, and 5 other 3 wheelers. I was walking down the hallway and he said he didnt have it. No-one even knew it was stolen then. So i think its kinda suspicious. and there was more than 1 set of footprints. and that kid commented on a picture of it a few days before and asked "is that the 200", and i didnt respond. plus that kids stolen a bike from me before then told me where it was later.

Wow! that does sound pretty suspicous then. From what i have seen and read time after time again it's usually people who know you that steal. Someone that knows where you keep things,what you have, and when you there and not. It's pretty sound. Did you tell the police about your biek getting stolen before?

Cornholio
10-19-2012, 11:35 AM
No, acually i didnt? I probably shouldve. The police searched his property but didnt find anything and didnt talk to him

Williejamehufff
10-19-2012, 12:02 PM
A group of guys broke into my barn stole my raptor and my yz 125. I spent all of my high school earnings on those toys and fully decked them out. They were my pride and joy. The one night I forgot to set my security alarm is the night they decided to look around. After they stole them and rode through the field a cop radar-ed them about 3 miles down the road at 75 mph. The guy on the raptor slammed it in to a ditch and destroyed everything on it. The guy on the dirt bike flew through a corn field and busted his jaw off and broke all of his teeth out.. The guys who did this went to school with me. I know how it feels and wish people had some respect for themselves and other people. I wish people learned how to earn things for themselves instead of reaping other's rewards and hard work

Cornholio
10-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah, It sucks. I worked 2 full summers to get everything i wanted for it. and Then this happens? I had hotcams stage 2 in there at 1 point and then something went wrong, i think my valve springs were to stiff or something but the camwheel or sprocket on there the bolt got stripped out and then i had to go back to original. i put about 360 bucks of new rear tires on her. i spent about 900 having the engine rebuilt twice. and 60 sum for the maier front fender. I got it for 200 dollars original and the crank was twisted is what mr twisted said. so that was 425 dollars the first time. then i bought a used clutch $80, and the stator was bad so it never got broken in right so i bought the stator and bought new piston and rings, and headgasket about 2 months ago. So total on the second was somewhere around $ 375. No-one at school knew i worked all summer, or that i paid for everything on it. So they probably thought my daddy did it all, and thought i wouldnt miss it so much. They were WAY wrong.

3wheelerfan1991
11-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Wow that really blows. I just came in from working on my 200x, 6 hours. For all the work i put into it i dont know how i would feel if it got stolen. I feel for you man, i really do.

atcuknowme
11-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey man...that freaking sucks. I hate people too. Don't blame your dad, he probably works his butt off and is tired....blame those sorry sob's that took it. I'm sure your dad is hurting over it as well.

3wheelerfan1991
12-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Any updates Cornholio?

maxdallasfan
12-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Don't ever let anyone bully you cornholio! Kick him in the nuts, then drive a knee into his Adam's apple. He'll never look at you again.

Mr350x
12-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Im also curious to know if there are any updates?

corey koemple
12-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Damn dude thats not cool at all. Did u ever end up finding it?

Cornholio
12-08-2012, 08:07 PM
No, we havent heard anything... But one of my buddys said he mightve saw it in the back of a red pickup truck on his way to school. Cant really do much with that...

fordtech90
12-11-2012, 06:12 AM
First of all to all of you suggesting to a young kid that violence is the answer to more violence are just ignorant. Be smart, I used to get in fights and all that jazz but it isnt all its worked up to be, good way to get a bad reputation and have more people wanting revenge. If the kid initiates a fight then yes know how to defend yourself but dont start them and dont assume that because some kid bullied you in school that hes a thief, secondly it doesnt matter if he told you he didnt steal it before you told anyone because any incident report filed with the police is public record..and any incident that is dialed in through 911 or even responded to is heard over a scanner by many people...you left your door open it could have easily been someone driving by who saw an easy opportunity. The statements about it being a personal attack because there were more items in the shop as well is also ignorance...how many 3 wheelers are you going to stuff in one pickup bed and fast enough not to get caught? The obvious reason is because it was easiest to get to and quickest item to steal in todays recesssion people are stealing things not even necessarily to ride them or sell them outright but to turn them in for scrap metal to buy food to eat. Have had grills, and even burn barrels stolen around here by scrappers...sad but true. Let the cops deal with your stolen 3-wheeler , dont follow anyone as suggested either unless you want your own legal trouble and just simply keep your ears and eyes open. The obvious lesson learned here is never trust someone else to do something you could have easily done yourself and keep things locked up..start saving for a new one cause chances are you wont see it again but guarantee you that you wont leave shop open again. Not trying to be completely negative here but realizing that sometimes a realistic approach is better than waiting on something to happen, and the poor influences that your elders were giving you was upsetting. Best of wishes to you and your family on getting it back.

Cornholio
12-12-2012, 05:41 PM
First of all to all of you suggesting to a young kid that violence is the answer to more violence are just ignorant. Be smart, I used to get in fights and all that jazz but it isnt all its worked up to be, good way to get a bad reputation and have more people wanting revenge. If the kid initiates a fight then yes know how to defend yourself but dont start them and dont assume that because some kid bullied you in school that hes a thief, secondly it doesnt matter if he told you he didnt steal it before you told anyone because any incident report filed with the police is public record..and any incident that is dialed in through 911 or even responded to is heard over a scanner by many people...you left your door open it could have easily been someone driving by who saw an easy opportunity. The statements about it being a personal attack because there were more items in the shop as well is also ignorance...how many 3 wheelers are you going to stuff in one pickup bed and fast enough not to get caught? The obvious reason is because it was easiest to get to and quickest item to steal in todays recesssion people are stealing things not even necessarily to ride them or sell them outright but to turn them in for scrap metal to buy food to eat. Have had grills, and even burn barrels stolen around here by scrappers...sad but true. Let the cops deal with your stolen 3-wheeler , dont follow anyone as suggested either unless you want your own legal trouble and just simply keep your ears and eyes open. The obvious lesson learned here is never trust someone else to do something you could have easily done yourself and keep things locked up..start saving for a new one cause chances are you wont see it again but guarantee you that you wont leave shop open again. Not trying to be completely negative here but realizing that sometimes a realistic approach is better than waiting on something to happen, and the poor influences that your elders were giving you was upsetting. Best of wishes to you and your family on getting it back. What? I want my 3 wheeler back, ill do anything i have to to get it back. Legal problems, legal problems, what are they gunna do to me? im 14.. If i hear something... id like to make sure its true before i go taking up the police's time