PDA

View Full Version : let see how it goes.

hillbilly 200x
10-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi guys I had a pretty good day today out with the girlfriend we will see how it is in 31 days. Here's the story I bought a new tv for my room and one for my shop yesterday. I wasn't really happy with the one I got for the shop so I decide to return it and get my money. At this time I really had to go to the bath room and there wasn't one at the store I was at. So me and the girlfriend went to the coffee shop across the street, I went to the bath room and then took my order and sat done I looked over to the corn of the both and I seen a red card sticking out of the bench. I picked it up and it was a gift card for $25 for some place that sells girly stuff for your home. I then looked at the corner again and I seen another one this one was for a $100 my girl friend was getting alittle jumpy at this time I told her to cool off and finish her drink. I then stuck my hand in the bench to see if there was anything else and there was another one for $50. At this time I was think that some one is going to be really pissed that they lost $175 I know I would be even if it in gift cards. Before I left I told the store manager what I had found and that I would leave my phone number and name so that if the rightful owner came that they could get a hold of me to pick up there money. well she got all in my face and pretty much told me to get the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out if i didn't want to hand them over to her. I left the coffee shop and went to the store where they came from because they are a stones through apart and all three card came through as not beginning used. I guess after the so many day they become mine right?

rjs89ia
10-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Nice score, no way i would have handed them over to some (another word for a female dog) she would have kept em for herself. It was the right thing to let them know though but I would have thought of it as if you were stupid enough not to put the card away then you didnt need it. Besides you can look at it as a gift from whoever it belonged too.

sp8twn
10-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Good for you Dude!!! "finder's Keeper;s"

hillbilly 200x
10-17-2012, 12:16 AM
I felt that way when I first found them, I was thinking that I would just keep them and use them for gifts for Christmas but after having them for a few hours and talking it over with some one that has helped me out when I fallen on hard time I have changed my mind about what I am going to do with them. They are for girly stuff I am going to go through a women's shelter here in town and find a single mother or family that's fallen on hard times. Maybe the money would help them out more then it would help me, and beside I hate spending money that I didn't work for.

I have a feeling that someone from the coffee shop is going to phone me up with in the next few days and try to tell me that they are there's and that they want them back when they really arn't.

hillbilly 200x
10-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Well after a few phone calls today I am happy to say that I have found the rightful owners. I know the next time i find something like this that Iam just going to leave it there for the next guy. man did this ever trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro with me.

kb0nly
10-19-2012, 12:22 AM
Finders keepers in my opinion.. But oh well you did the right thing. I hate how many times i did the right thing to find out the person that lost it was so frivolous with money that they didn't even really know or care. One woman tried to get me to pay postage to mail her some stuff i found because she didn't want to take time out of day to come get them twenty minutes away, oh and to top it off she couldn't that weekend when i would have time to meet her somewhere because they were going on a cruise ship friday... Uh yeah, i really feel sorry for you losing this stuff now.

Sometimes you just get beat up trying to do the right thing now days. I found a big wad of cash on the floor in a store bathroom once, i picked it up thinking first of all do i really want to get into this again, but also did i want to pick up something on a bathroom floor, lol... But i did. I tried to find the owner amongst the people washing their hands, one guy said oh yeah that must be mine, i said ok whats the money clip look like, he said uh it must not be mine then and walked out. Like really?? So i kept it, screw it. Bought a few things the kids needed and a tank of gas, not like i pissed it away. I started feeling guilty about it, until i was in a restaurant a few days later over hearing a loud table talking about how he stopped to take a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and lost his cash and had to go to the atm for more and it was such an inconvenience... No kidding, i aint making this up thats the funny part. Talk about a small world and being in the right place.

I left the waitress a ten dollar tip, the last of the found cash, and laughed all the way home.