PDA

View Full Version : modded 225dx/dr

3WheelHouston
10-06-2002, 11:41 PM
Anyone have one?? Before I start building my dream trike I'm gonna fix my dx up so it runs perfect so I'll have something to ride and tie me over. I'm gonna have to take the engine apart, so I figure I'll do some mods while I'm in there. Any suggestions?

rocketman123
09-06-2008, 12:19 AM
i have a dg RCM exhaust on mine that i got from dennis kirk, i also got a k&n cone filter deal that gets rid of the air box from them too. you can also put a uni filter in the box if you dont want to mess with that too much. search your make and model on dennis kirk and they have a pretty good amount of stuff for it. i am also putting a rick's hotshot coil on it from them and I will need to up jet the carb too. Wiseco sells a 10.25:1 piston in stock 70mm bore to 71mm bore (increases engine size from 223 to 229cc). stock compression is 8.8:1 so its a pretty good piston. Web Cams sells 3 different levels of cam for it too. I have been trying to figure out if I can put a 28mm Keihin D port carb on it. stock size is 24mm so maybe if you have all that stuff on then it will be ok. for me since i only have exhaust and intake i think it would be too big. havent found a HD clutch spring and clutches yet for it but search around.

that should get you started; this is about a month worth of internet research lol and asking around on this site for a week. just keep searching around for stuff. good luck!

rocketman123
09-06-2008, 12:21 AM
wow totally didnt see that this question was posted in 2002. LOL