PDA

View Full Version : Tri z plastics

izzy
10-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Im just wondering if theres anyone in the uk who makes tri z plastics as im considering starting something along this line if theres enough interest

HarrisoN*
10-19-2012, 03:11 PM
no, have to import maiers.

im guessing these will be fiberglass rather than plastic?

could be interested if the price is good, or im happy to test a set. im only in bedford..

out of curiosity where do you ride?

try the u.k. site ClubAtc.

izzy
10-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Im pretty lucky as i work at sywell aerodrome so when were closed i pretty much get the run of the place

Bryan Raffa
10-20-2012, 10:10 AM
head light shells?

ktmcrasher
10-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Sounds great I'm in the uk and need a new headlight shell. In fact it would be great to have a choice of colours

3 Wheel Drive
10-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Sounds great I'm in the uk and need a new headlight shell. In fact it would be great to have a choice of colours

Another vote over here for some headlight shells! It would be cool to see different radiator shrouds and rears. Keep us posted. :)

Jcormode
10-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Im pretty lucky as i work at sywell aerodrome so when were closed i pretty much get the run of the place

get something made up you make a good few quid ill have a set

Jcormode
10-22-2012, 01:09 PM

yea you definetly need one, infact ide buy two after watching your youtube clip

RIDE ON CHEIF!!!!!

ktmcrasher
10-22-2012, 01:16 PM
yea you definetly need one, infact ide buy two after watching your youtube clip

RIDE ON CHEIF!!!!!

maybe i should just strap a airbag to the front. it will be cheaper than paying for the real deal

Mosh
10-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Another vote over here for some headlight shells! It would be cool to see different radiator shrouds and rears. Keep us posted. :)
You looking for a whole different shape on shrouds? Or different colors?

As far as the rear fenders, Banshee Raptor style Maier rears will fit with some trimming, and are available with all kinds of different colors.

I was gonna have molds made for Z headlights back in 07, but there was only about 10 people interested and I needed at least 25 people to make it happen.

badass350x
10-22-2012, 05:50 PM
You looking for a whole different shape on shrouds? Or different colors?

As far as the rear fenders, Banshee Raptor style Maier rears will fit with some trimming, and are available with all kinds of different colors.

I was gonna have molds made for Z headlights back in 07, but there was only about 10 people interested and I needed at least 25 people to make it happen.

How about trying again mosh?? Dont know what kind of money your looking at up front but just a question!

ktmcrasher
10-22-2012, 05:57 PM
regarding the headlight shell moulds, i will order 5 for myself if you can get the moulds. if the price is reasonable

Mosh
10-23-2012, 09:02 AM
I will discuss this with the Mrs, and see if we want to undertake this. after the last group order, between sitting on 3 grand worth of plastics no one paid for, and people paying late to fufill their own happiness and holding up the other buyers that paid on time, it was a mess that we don't want to relive again.

The terms of this group order will be much more concrete and strict.
I can tell you now, that neiter my wife or I have the time to round up the buyers. We would start a thread for sign-ups then leave the advertising to you guys to draw in the commitments via facebook and other forums..

I will also tell you that we will not even consider it until we have a definative 20 prepaid buyers, and you can expect to pay around 90$-100$ shipped for each part in the lower 48 states.

If you guys want to pull the trigger, let us know.

ktmcrasher
10-23-2012, 09:23 AM
I will wait till I'm allowed in the big boys forum before I start chirping up a out these things. Would you ship to the uk?

Mosh
10-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Yeas I will ship there. Once we get going, those of you without access to the main forums, once you comit to join in, we can push your attus through the trial period, so you can stay involved.

I will wait till I'm allowed in the big boys forum before I start chirping up a out these things. Would you ship to the uk?

One other note...There will be some type of secondary bracket probably riveted to the housing so we can secure the lenses. Unfortunately with vacumm molding there is no way around this.

ktmcrasher
10-23-2012, 09:47 AM
I will commit to 3 shrouds as that's all I can afford assuming shipping to the uk will come to more than $100 dollars a piece.

Mrs.Mosh
10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Mosh talked with me about this last night. I am up for having more molds made, and doing a pre-order for the headlight shells.
The next step would be starting a list of interest/committed people.

ktmcrasher.. I can get you a shipping quote, so you have a better idea on cost.

ktmcrasher
10-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Ok do you need my full address? Should I send you a pm?

Mrs.Mosh
10-23-2012, 10:29 AM
yes, pm me your address and I'll get you a shipping quote. Thanks

badass350x
10-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Im in for a white and a yellow!

ktmcrasher
10-24-2012, 02:41 PM
I guess that's referring to a deal gone bad? I'm ready to pay via PayPal if that's the best way. I don't want this thing to go sour as I need a headlight shroud

Mrs.Mosh
10-24-2012, 03:11 PM
I guess that's referring to a deal gone bad? I'm ready to pay via PayPal if that's the best way. I don't want this thing to go sour as I need a headlight shroud
The last group order we did, had a few issues. But I can say I have never started a group order and it didn't go through. If we get the number of people needed, the order will be successful.

Bryan Raffa
10-24-2012, 08:01 PM

Do you have access to a vac/inject mold? interested in a exact. rep of the shell with no mod's to the bike!

beadle
01-08-2013, 05:49 PM
has there been any updates on if the headlight shells are going to be a go????? im in for one