PDA

View Full Version : Billy's real-estate deals, steals, and cool properties from work.

Billy Golightly
10-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Most of you guys know my day job is a Real-Estate agent. When I listed the MX track/training property a few months ago and posted the link here, most of you guys thought it was pretty cool (Link here: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/143429-Anyone-wanna-buy-a-motocross-track-on-57-acres-house-big-work-shop It did sell :) ) A lot of the properties and homes I deal with at work aren't all that interesting, but occasionally there are some exceptionally good deals or some places and properties that are just too cool not to share. Not at all trike or riding related, but interesting stuff I figured I'll share just for grins and giggles in this thread occasionally.

Recently I've been working near day and night on the marketing of this property:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/DSCF4789_90_91_92_2_tonemap.jpg
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/DSCF4774_5_6_7_8_tonemapped.jpg
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/DSCF4799_800_801_tonemapped.jpg

http://www.341TannerRd.com - Website specifically for this property.

Its a 360 Acre bank owned farm here in North Florida. Really, really nice land and property. Has an old homestead on the south end with huge pecan trees and oaks, some grain silos, pretty cool little farm house that needs some work but would be neat if it was repaired. For the past few years they've been harvesting hay off the property, but it would make an excellent piece of row cropping ground as well for a farmer. I just had 500 trifold gloss brochures (That I designed, took me a few days to put it all together) printed out that'll get mailed as part of a campaign for farmers/agribusinesses throughout the state of FL that are known to have interest in this type of property.

gus
10-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Wow that looks gorgeous. Looks like part of a movie lol.

Billy Golightly
10-20-2012, 12:26 PM
It is! One of the hardest parts is capturing that kind of stuff and getting it to come through the flier, or website looking as good as it does in person. Lately I've been really tweaking my camera abilities and stepping up equipment to try and really give places the pop that you get from seeing them in person. Its difficult sometimes though. I'm about a week behind on this one because we had a solid week of nothing but crappy rainy and overcast weather, and you can't really take good pictures and video in that environment.

hoosierlogger
10-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Those are pretty good pictures, but you ain't no Peter Lik. LOL Sorry, I had to say it before someone else did.

Billy Golightly
10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Those are pretty good pictures, but you ain't no Peter Lik. LOL Sorry, I had to say it before someone else did.

Haha...no. I need about a $30,000 camera and equipment rig for that.

rjs89ia
10-20-2012, 01:30 PM
looks like a nice secluded spot. should have put your helmet on and climbed to the top of that silo for some aerial shots.

Billy Golightly
10-20-2012, 01:44 PM
I thought about it several times, but for liability the bank that owns it would have probably crucified me for doing it...:)

Scootertrash
10-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Nice looking property

Eric250R
10-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Looks like an awesome place to make a stand against a Zombie horde....;)

tri again
10-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Dad's got some property just s.w. of Gainesville near Morriston?

He said it's hundred year old houses and multi hundred acre farms.
Horses, cattle and peanuts.

Pretty safe area for weather too.

Maybe we could get paid to NOT grow corn.

Billy Golightly
10-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Any of you guys in, or got a hook up in the insurance business for a tricky homeowners policy?

tri again
10-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Any of you guys in, or got a hook up in the insurance business for a tricky homeowners policy?

You mean like a policy that covers visitors and riders?
All states are different.

In the NW, people can ride on your property but your liability ends unless you
charge $ for them to be there.
I have a million plus an umbrella policy plus I get a nother 2 mil for events
and it's only 300 bucks for 2 million.

Filing an LLC is like 50-100 bucks and separates your personal stuff from liability.

I've also been tempted to get a ministers license from rolling stone magazine and file a church.

Can't be too careful but still missing what your ideas were for this piece of property.

Billy Golightly
10-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Na, nothing to do with riding. Have a property that flooded, current owner got paid from their flood insurance company. Those people want to sell it now and the prospects to buy it can't find anyone that'll insure it. But They aren't really being told if its because of the condition of the home (Gutted, since it was flooded) or if its because it flooded and there was a claim on it that paid, or what exactly the deal is. The people that want to buy it want to buy the home and property as a shell as it sits, fix the house and then either live in it or resell it and its gotta have insurance on it for them to pursue it. Never quite ran into an insurance problem like this before is the reason I was askin...

Billy Golightly
10-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Not referenced to the 360 Acres, separate parcel :)

sledcrazyinCT
10-23-2012, 11:03 AM
what is the bank asking for the farm in Florida?

Billy Golightly
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
List price is $1.250M which works out to about $3,500 per acre. But, they'll definitely entertain offers being a bank owned property.

Howdy
10-23-2012, 06:27 PM
List price is $1.250M which works out to about $3,500 per acre. But, they'll definitely entertain offers being a bank owned property.

I'm about $1.26 m short. LOL

tri again
10-24-2012, 12:08 PM
What's the zoning?
Any chance of selling off a little piece to defray the cost?

tri again
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Not referenced to the 360 Acres, separate parcel :)

I saw some houses that were built like concrete boat docks.
They float when it floods.
Some sort of pilings on all 4 corners and the 'basements are like a concrete swimming pool or drydock concrete sorta thing so they simply rise with the water level, if and when it happens.
Super simple and dependable, no pumps or electricity needed.

My back '40' floods and I was tempted to park a houseboat out there.

Tri-Z 250
10-24-2012, 12:58 PM
I am in the Title Bussiness, work with various Underwriters....have the ablity to insure Fla transfers. Whats your question...If it needs to be private just PM me.

I'm guessing because of the prior payout and the house being gutted the house is not move in ready and it throws a red flag to Insurance Co.? Will the Underwriter require flood coverage? I say depending on the local survey of flood zones would determine the senerio. Basically title insurance covers the property BUYER that the LAND is clear of leins or encrochments/easements or chain of title rights...Flood Zones are indicated by most local Mapping Depts. and are free to view within your County.

Billy Golightly
10-24-2012, 02:33 PM
What's the zoning?
Any chance of selling off a little piece to defray the cost?

Zoning is Agricultural. Not really worth subdividing this parcel. Theres big empty subdivisions everywhere left over from the boom time when people bought up big land and split it up. This property actually backs up to a subdivision thats got 30 or 40 some lots in it, with I'm pretty sure only one house built there.

Billy Golightly
10-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah I don't think Title Ins would end up being any problem on the property, its a homeowners policy of some type for the home. My customers that are interested in the property want to buy it and fix the house and resell, but if we can't find someone to insure it, no bank is going to loan money against it or finance it and that makes re-sale very difficult.

I am in the Title Bussiness, work with various Underwriters....have the ablity to insure Fla transfers. Whats your question...If it needs to be private just PM me.

I'm guessing because of the prior payout and the house being gutted the house is not move in ready and it throws a red flag to Insurance Co.? Will the Underwriter require flood coverage? I say depending on the local survey of flood zones would determine the senerio. Basically title insurance covers the property BUYER that the LAND is clear of leins or encrochments/easements or chain of title rights...Flood Zones are indicated by most local Mapping Depts. and are free to view within your County.

Mosh
10-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I wonder if you could push the advertising to golf course owners, or maybe even some land developers? Idk anything about real estate, but I do know FLA loves golf courses..

Tri-Z 250
10-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Yes Lender's would be the ones to require the extra insurance to cover the investment. Investment loans right now are tuff to get on good properties without issues as it is. Refi Investment properties are not being done without perfect credit, and payment history in general. Right now the money's tightly being held...expect the prime to spike going into the end of 2012...but it's only going to be a point or two. The down slide of the home loan business is Goverment backed Banks controling the flow after their own flood. The D type loans that have become the knife in the side of people who almost make the grade. All the foreclosed loans hitting them in the face now from poor lending habits is really hurting us all now....If you have $ and assets you can get a loan...with just a job and some down $ you need 10%+ closing costs. 5yrs ago No $ down, $500 cash back at siging...30days after the transfer a 2nd loan 125% the value of the home...Yes a loan larger than the true value. All I can say is they knew what they were doing when they did it. Bailing them out wasn't the best solution, as it's lead to more Gov control of the Banks(which cost the public fanically).

Billy Golightly
12-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Well the 360 is under contract and scheduled to close after first of the year :)

Moving on to my next project and hairbrained idea...does anyone here have experience in writing Surety Bonds? I have somewhat odd request...

Billy Golightly
02-24-2013, 07:44 PM
I recently got with the owner of a very large (560+ Acre) parcel of water front property and got the go-ahead to do the marketing on it. I hope in the next week or two to have enough put together to share with you guys, I think you'll be impressed by this property. Its even got a natural spring on it that has been calculated to flow up to 4 million gallons a day(!).

Billy Golightly
02-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Unfortunately not, thats a bit out of the area I work normally. I agree though, that is some beautiful scenery down there!

Billy Golightly
03-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Heres the latest one. I gotta finish up the video tour still, plan to do that over the weekend.

www.SantaFe561.com

If you use Facebook, please "like" it when you visit the site :)

JasonB
03-07-2013, 04:26 PM
I saw you post that on facebook; it is really attractive property from the pictures

Billy Golightly
03-08-2013, 04:03 PM
It is! Its a really amazing parcel, I mean the state owns such a large percentage of the springs, muchless ones of this magnitude and volume. Very very few and as far as I know this is the only one in the state of FL actively forsale right now that has this kind of output.

Billy Golightly
03-11-2013, 11:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ocVXF93GUo

Checkout this video tour I made for the property...it includes some SICK underwater footage of the spring itself, you can see little fish swim right up to the GoPro and everything.

Billy Golightly
04-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Still working this one, Have had quite a few inquiries, its been a hot property! Share it with your friends if you happen to know of anyone that could be interested in something like this. Very unique piece of property for sure.

Billy Golightly
04-30-2013, 04:35 PM
It definitely is. The seller cut some timber on portions of it, but water front has still been preserved and kept natural, all around the spring too of course. It is an awesome piece of property for sure. Not seen too many videos with underwater footage to sell property before either I don't think :)

Billy Golightly
05-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Close! $2.975M

There is actually a Santa Fe Springs, CA that I've had a few people get this mixed up for :)

Billy Golightly
07-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Pretty big price drop on the Santa Fe Springs property, down to $2,229,000

pipeline triker
07-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Thats some cool land right there.

Billy Golightly
03-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Good Lord, 3 years since I posted here last? A lot has changed...

Here is a cool house with a 3 bay drive in garage/basement under the house. Very uncommon for FL. Good for the mad scientist type, get breakfast and a cup of coffee in the morning and walk downstairs to the machine shop basically. The owner has part of an airplane in the basement now :naughty: I'd love to live there myself frankly.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=229160&stc=1http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=229159&stc=1

atc300r
03-17-2016, 09:19 AM
Nice place. I haven't been in Florida in 50 years. My wife and I are planning a trip to Merrit Island to see her aunt and uncle. We are planning to come the last week of April.