PDA

View Full Version : Tri z carb question

Michaels
10-22-2012, 08:56 AM
I know nothing bout carbs and jetting and would like some guidance on what to do.
I have 86 tri z with 85 bottom end. I have boysen reeds, torque spacer, dyno port exhaust
(bought From this site), and my jug has the extra intake port drilled and exhaust
Port shaved down. My carb is 86 I think it's 35mm. Anyway yesterday was first time
Riding it since I had it apart from last winter. Just took round my yard alittle.
And I noticed that right when u push the throttle there is a split second of hesitation.
Is this because its not getting enough gas and need bigger carb? And if so I have no
Clue what to get and how to jet it. Any recommended suggestions would b greatly
Appreciated
Tnx

ps2fixer
10-22-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm not a pro on carbs, but I would say you need larger jets. They are inside the carb and unbolt and you replace them with ones with larger holes to allow more gas to go into the engine. Someone with more experence would have a good idea what jet sizes you should start with. There is a guide on jetting on most of the servers that have the ATC service manuals.

Citytrikeguy
10-23-2012, 03:19 AM
Here is an excellent post by a member that describes the nomenclature and function of the parts of a carburetor. It also gives you steps to jet a carb right. Hope this helps. :acr

Carb tuning 101
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php/119-Carb-Jetting-101-Terms-Tips-and-Jetting-Theory