PDA

View Full Version : Gear Ratios

84atc200es
10-24-2012, 11:27 AM
I got my valve problems all straightened out so its time to move to on :Bounce. My question is did any of the shaft driven atcs (not sure which ones were shaft or chain driven) come with a lower ring and pinion gear ratio than my 200es, or are there any gear reductions available. Im trying to turn my trike into more of a fire wood, deer hauling, mountain climbing machine than it already is. Top end is not a big concern I need stump pulling power. What are some other mods to get more low end power without a higher compression piston for now, im already looking for a super trapp.

tri again
10-24-2012, 11:49 AM
wow

so low range first gear isn't quite low enough for you?

I found some tires that are 18 x 11 x 9 and I've seen quite a few
tire size options that may be way easier than changing ring and pinion gears.

shaft drive hondas are
1984 - 200es
1985-1987 - 250es
1985 - 1987 - 250sx

That I am familiar with.

the 250 es has a super low 1st without the hi lo sub trans.
Mine will easily pull a full sized truck, but then again so will my 90 in lo range.

Are you sure your sub trans hi lo is working?

Changing exhaust may cause a need to fiddle with carb jetting for weeks unless you get some good info.

That 200es should do whatever you need it to if everything is working correctly.

Is your timing set right?
spark advance plate and springs all ok?

84atc200es
10-24-2012, 12:26 PM
yes the high low is working properly but i had some valve problems before the intake valve got completely stuck open thats the only time i've ridden it, im picking it up this weekend from the shop i decided to just shell out the money instead of fiddling with it. If you say it'll pull a house ill believe you this is my first trike, but any other power tips besides filter, exhaust, hi comp piston would still be appreciated im still gonna try to build the hardest pulling trike out there :beer. What would be a good starting point for finding the right jet size with a super trapp and a good air filter.