PDA

View Full Version : Do all Tri-Z's fuel pumps cause bogging off of jumps? Is there a common fix?

Jammer700
10-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Does any one else agree that Tri-Z fuel pumps fail alot, and when the tri-z's came out were they a problem right away, or just over time and sitting too long?
I was reading in one of the old magazine articles from 86 that someone modded out a tri-z to race it and allways had fuel pump issues comming off of big jumps, they went so far as to eliminate the fuel pump and build a one off small aluminum gas tank that fit up top where a gas tank usually sits, so that it would be gravity fed. Ive actually allways wanted a Tri-Z and wanted to know do they all have fuel pump issues comming off of jumps? Did many other people install normal gravity fed gas tanks? Is there any other common ways to cure the Tri-Z fuel issues.
More importantly is it any reason to not buy a Tri-Z? On that point if I were to go inspect a Tri-Z to buy, are there any other common model specific problems about the Tri-Z that I should be on the look out for?
Any help is appreciated!