PDA

View Full Version : About "make me an offer"

Dirtcrasher
12-02-2003, 07:14 PM
Ya know - unless it's something I have a definate price I must get in return sometimes I'll ask "make me an offer" and at least for me it just never, ever seems to work. Why I continue to offer items for sale on message boards is beyond me. I recently advertised the 125M parts for sale I truly would have been happy with 20$ for that seat and I had 10$ offers or when I said I'd like 20$ and 10$ to ship no one had the courtesy to email me back. I wanted 25$ for a CDI, coil, regulator, starter and harness complete and had 10$ offers - were those unfair prices??. I answer other peoples adds for "make me an offer" all the time and sometimes we come to an agreement and other times we can't but I always try and say thank you anyway but that is too much. I ended up getting 30$ for the electrical and 56$ for the seat on EBAY which was way too much but not in my control. I ended up with about 250$ for a bunch of parts I would have sold for 100$. I'm not complaining it's just that make me an offer seems like a poor choice for me.

I even had a member ask me about a certain part after I had a couple of bad experiences with selling the125 parts and I explained it would all end up on EBAY because me and classifieds just don't seem to work. A few days later I felt bad about it and PM'd him and said you can have the parts for free and if the other part doesn't sell on EBAY i"ll give you that too. I asked 5$ to cover the shipping for the stuff and never got so much as a return email or PM????

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-02-2003, 07:38 PM
welcome... :D .....your not the only one man...... no offence to anyone on here, but it seems like whenever they got something for sale they wont let it go unless its a top dollar price....but as soon as they need something they wanna pay you with the change in the bottom of there pocket instead of opening there wallet..........of course, there is alot of guys on here that are great businessmen, i have had alot of good deals on here, but i have also have some bad deals too.....my inbox right now has about 30-40 e-mails from people that wanted something and i reply to them, and i never hear back so they just leave me hanging....most guys on here are good about selling and buying though, its just getting stuff that they wanna buy.......right now i'm waiting on a part i paid for over a month ago and it still hasnt made its way to my house :?

kc9afz
12-02-2003, 08:31 PM
welcome... :D .....your not the only one man...... no offence to anyone on here, but it seems like whenever they got something for sale they wont let it go unless its a top dollar price....but as soon as they need something they wanna pay you with the change in the bottom of there pocket instead of opening there wallet..........of course, there is alot of guys on here that are great businessmen, i have had alot of good deals on here, but i have also have some bad deals too.....my inbox right now has about 30-40 e-mails from people that wanted something and i reply to them, and i never hear back so they just leave me hanging....most guys on here are good about selling and buying though, its just getting stuff that they wanna buy.......right now i'm waiting on a part i paid for over a month ago and it still hasnt made its way to my house :?

Are you waiting for a part from Mr Atc?

smokinwrench
12-02-2003, 08:34 PM
I know what you guys are saying, I see it all the time. A guy wants $500 for a trike and people offer him $200 shipped. That is just stupid.

Me personnally I don't like making offers on parts. I figure the seller has an idea of what he wants for the part. I ask for a price shipped I will not make an offer.

When I list stuff I give the price I want and thats it take it or leave it. I'll Ebay it if I don't get any offers.

Josh

x.system
12-02-2003, 08:35 PM

I posted to one of your adds for a twist and a front hub, gave you a price then nothing. I waited a couple days and people pm'd me asking If I still had these parts so I sold them. Did you forget about that post?

So far for me anyway, I asked people to make a fair offer on some parts I had no idea what they were worth. I had two offers for 30 so I figured that was a fair price and sold to the first person. I did have higher offers to, but the way I see it is first come first served. I'm always watching the 250R adds to see what I can buy or what I can offer. I usually buy alot more than I sell so the classifieds are great for me, I just have to be quicker than every other person looking for the same parts.

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-02-2003, 08:39 PM
x. system, i thought you were still replying to me...i sent you a pm after you replied to my post, i wanted those parts....i sent you a pm so i figured you just allready sold them, or havent been online.....i still have the pm in my sent box ...hmm...maybe it just didnt get to you for some reason?.....crap.....so you sold the parts? damnit...

x.system
12-02-2003, 08:43 PM
never got a pm...sorry...I do still have that front hub, it hasnt come in the mail yet.

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-02-2003, 08:46 PM
well let me know when you get it, i am still interested.

x.system
12-02-2003, 08:50 PM
well let me know when you get it, i am still interested.

I should have it within a week or so. will PM you when I get it.

OK, now back to the subject.

200x Basket
12-02-2003, 10:55 PM
i prefer to sell on ebay. no one "gives" me my parts and i do not plan to give them away. if i have a part that is needed by someone i will let them make me an offer. if i like it i will take it, if i dont i wont. if you choose not to make me an offer you are the one that looses out. that is the way i see it. every thing i have is for sale if the right offer is made :evil:

86waterpumper
12-03-2003, 10:48 AM
they wanna pay you with the change in the bottom of there pocket instead of opening there wallet.

haha seems I've heard this somewhere before?? :-D

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-03-2003, 05:30 PM
hahahahaha pumper, i got you to crack open that wallet though! :D :D :D :D

TimSr
12-04-2003, 02:02 PM
With the first advice being given to a "how much should I offer" post being to offer them a fraction of what its worth in hopes that you can rip them off due to their ignorance, Id never do a "make an offer" post unless I was dying to be insulted.

"Make an offer" is usually translated as "lets play games over the price", so I highly advise against it, unless you like to play those kinds of games. I think its pretty rare that somebody who posts "make me an offer" actually would get a reasonable offer without rejecting the initial insulting offer and then naming a price.

Im with 200XBasket - Let the market determine the value. If you dont know what you want or what its worth, use Ebay.