PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer?

Williejamehufff
10-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Hey guys, I have an '84 atc 250r and I was wondering if they make a speedometer kit for the trike? I've been looking but I can't find anything. I was also wondering if any of you have put any after market batteries on your trikes. Thanks

dustrunner
10-24-2012, 07:54 PM
im pretty sure they made them but are very rare... as far as the battery , i read a post a while back thAT SOMEONE HAD done it for extra lights or somthing... what are your plans ?

Williejamehufff
10-24-2012, 10:18 PM
I'd like to run a larger watt headlight and brake light combo with a atv speedometer/gps combo

dustrunner
10-25-2012, 11:14 AM
sounds good, i believe you would have to put the battery back buy the rear grab bar so the suspension and wheels dont interfere... im not sure about the charging the battery tho.. your atc has a charging system to run the lights on your atc so maybe somene could figure it out 4 ya... good luck..

jeswinehart
10-25-2012, 02:01 PM
As far as speedo's are concerned, the early generation R's (83/84 in particular) had available a trip meter along with drive gear and mounting bracket, wheel spacer and some other small parts.
The only difference for later Honda set ups with speedo is a speedo head was used instead of a trip meter (same mounting bracket).
So, in your searching if you see a trip meter set up for 83/84 R it is what you need. Well then you would need a speedo head of course to use in place of the odometer head.