PDA

View Full Version : I pod touch -8gb

beets442
10-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Bought it for my daughter and the thing locks up after a month or two. Apple sends me a new one everytime, but its getting old.
We had all our vacation photos/vids on it. It'll be another year or two til we can vacation again and wont be using it to take photos/vids.
Just about the time its full of info,it locks up.
Anyone else have this problem?

KASEY
10-28-2012, 11:26 AM
i have a 16 gig i pod... if i had any idea,,, i would NEVER asked for one!!!!! i would have done something else in a heart beat!!!

Mrs.Mosh
10-28-2012, 11:36 AM
I have one, but it has only locked up maybe 2 times in 2 years. I just held down the top power button, and the round bottom power button at the same time. It shuts it down, then you power it back up...all my pics and apps were still there.

250sxman
10-28-2012, 12:32 PM
I bought one for my wife, and one for each of my stepsons, after roughly 6-7 months, haven't had any problems with locking up, just with the 2 boys dropping them and cracking the screens. But glad you posted this, I was never aware of a locking up problem.

Mosh
10-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Yea, as my wife says, we have 2 32 gig ipods..Her's would run slower than mine and had a few lock up issues, but her's had a ton more things on it. I believe she was about 75% full on the drive. Mine never gave me any issues and I only had about 25% filled. Maybe it is just too full..

I agree with Kasey..I think they are very hard to deal with as far as running the software, and the strangle hold Apple puts on things. Transfering of pics was a real PITA running through I tunes on a Windows PC.. The fact you cannot just use them as a Mass storage unit and drop and drag files sucks.

I found it was just easier to email my pics to my email account from the Ipod, then download them to my PC through the email.
All we used ours for, was some wifi browsing and a few games and primarily as MP3 players..

We won both of ours through a raffle. I would have never bought any..

ebaccm26
10-28-2012, 01:21 PM
I never had any problems with locking up but I had a 32 gig and later a 64 gig and neither of them ever came close to full so maybe that is what causes it.

beets442
10-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Mine lock up when I plug it into the computer for an update or sync. Worked fine til then.
I tried to do the double button press Mrs. Mosh, thanxs for the info.
I'll try anything once and twice if I like it.

300rman
10-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Usually when they "lock up" just use the reset procedure. It is like restarting your computer by holding down the button. Never had one perma-lock up before.

I hate apple, so I dont own one, but I know enough about how they work.

You used to be able to use them as a mass storage device. Ive done it many times in the past.

Dirtweed
10-29-2012, 11:30 PM
I don't like Apple stuff either, but surprised to hear of the lock ups. My kid has a Touch....forget the GB, but he hasn't had it lock up.

I've had my Zune for over 4 years and never a problem with it. Yes I said Zune. :-)

falloutboy
10-30-2012, 12:16 AM
I had my 80gb ipod classic for about a year I think before one day, just all of a sudden, it froze up and there was a red x on the screen. Come to find out the hard drive went bad. It had frozen a few time before that but always reset. I guess it is a fairly common problem with those.